Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I been gone awhile I am a pro walleye fisherman and charter captain so this last couple weeks have been crazy. A couple weeks ago if u guys remember I snorked my 07 750 with the mimb snork I did the under the bar with the 3" rubber tube. and made my snorks low. Took it to hmf to get dyno tuned and they told me they just changed the pilot jets to 40s and turned the screws 2 turns. heres the problem when u puch it it has a bad lag at low end. I was worried about this but i thought if i did the under the bar snorks I would not have a problem. Its a 07 750 with a hmf full pipe moose module unifilter 2"hl lift and 28 zillas. I cant stand the lag what should I do put a 2nd air snork Iam about ready to put it back to stock if i cant fix it hopefully someone can help

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i bet they should have left the pilots as they were and swapped out the mains.
at any rate, see if the lag is gone when you remove the airbox lid.
i imagine it might because they went up too migh in pilots.

bootlegger what u think?

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
Like phreebsd siad do alittle test by opening the airbox or covering part of the snorkel to give an ideal of if its rich or lean.I had to put 40s in mine to get it to run right (but mine a 650) and I may be wrong but I think its running a bit lean. Jetting is a PITA hope you get it right!!!

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
i bet they should have left the pilots as they were and swapped out the mains.
at any rate, see if the lag is gone when you remove the airbox lid.
i imagine it might because they went up too migh in pilots.

bootlegger what u think?
Do this!!!! and than take it back. They didn't do there job!!!!

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
I'm in the same boat #40 pilots 2.5 turns on air/fuel screw shimmed neddles .030
shimming the neddles helped a great deal with the low end stumble and poping in carbs but I was told to shimm the carbs at .040 so thats what im doing this weekend

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were the closest place and there still 3 hours away Should I try a 2nd airbox snork like a 1.5 with spa hose running into the pod.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
WHoever did it is a goober.... if they went to a 40 and it lagging its too rich.

Here is how a carb is tuned.

1/8-1/4 is your pilot
1/4-3/4 is your needle
3/4-WOT is your Main jet.

I have tuned alot of carbs. you RARELY ever change your pilot unless it has a bad problem in the 1/8=1/4 range. I would put the factory pilot jet back in it. then I would buy a Dynojet kit. Go with what the directions say....."its a great starting point". buy you about 4-6 new plugs for checking and tuning with. I am not a fan of a Dyno...they do ok...but a good tune comes from a Wideband. John Cannon at MaD Motosports is the BEST there is. I can help you get it close. If want to get it real close you can call me....I can PM you my number if you like.

After it warms up and your riding it and you hit the throttle wide open and it falls on its face its Rich.....if it pops and cracks and run geat at mid range but crap at WOT its lean. Alot of times you pipe will glow if its lean. I would pull the plugs....clean them as good as you can or put 2 new ones in it....ride it around for about 5-10 minutes....ride it like you normally would....let it cool pull the plugs and tell me what color they are.

If you have a Dynojet kit now see what notch your needle is on....whatever its on....raise it up one notch closer to the top and see what that does. Let me know..

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
rapalapaul are u in ohio?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no Iam in southern michigan only about 30 mins from ohio before I put the snorks on I had to back the screws about 41/2 turns before It would stop poping it ran pretty good I would nail it and it would stand right up. when I put the snorks on it would stall at idile but the next day it was going to get tuned so I figured I would let them mess with it. I really hate messing with carbs thats y I just payd the money to get it tuned. I knew something was up when they only charged me 85 bucks

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I got your PM I will call you tonight...just got home from the race...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys I got a dyno jet kit and pulled the carbs the dumb a** at HMF put 42 pilots in it no wonder its falling on its face. I talked to flynt and he told be to put 138/142 dyno jets and shim the needles with the 2 shims from dyno jet kit but keep the stock needles. My ? is there is 2 shims in it now do I keep them and add the 2 from dyno jet or take them out. Should I put the dyno jet needles in it?? or run the stock ones?

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Take the shims that are on it now and replace them with the dynojet shims. They may be different thickness's. If you spoke to flynt do what he sed. No more no less.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea he pm me and told me to only put 2 of the dyno jet ones. He also told me when I drill the slide out to cut a foot of the plastic foot so it does not cover the holes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts