Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:33: I am looking for suggestions on new tires. I want a good all-around tire. I ride mostly trails, some mud, some creeks, and some snow. The trails are part hard packed, part loose dirt and rocks, and some mud. A few hill climbs as well. I've got a few in mind but want some other opinions. Thanks

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
Well I'll say this. I love my MST's but this weekend I was running against a guy w/ zilla's (not mudzilla's) and they seems to hook up better in loose dirt than my mst's we were racing and he was getting me off the line by 1/2 bike length and when you looked at the starting line you could see where I was roosting for like the first 20-30feet and really diggin at the starting line, and he only had maybe a few feet of roost and they wernt diggin as much on the start.... now.. granted some of that was because I've got a good bit more torque and power than him. I think the MST's would ride better on the trail though.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
zillas are lighter too i think.
Amongst the lightest i'd bet.

·
Banned
32 Posts
i would go with the ITP MUDLIGHT Xtr'S 27inch with a 14inch rim. that what my buddy has and it looks bad *** and the balance is not thrown off by a bigger tire taking hard turns and such, and its a radial. The maxxis bighorns are also really strong tire. i have the mudlights xl and it nice, got a good price for rims and tires for less that 600 so i jumped on it. and if the $ ain't problem i would change the rims, There are seven of us on bruteforces alone and five of us have bent a stock rim. out of big group that we ride with 9 out of 10 have itp tires and rims or both.

·
Banned
32 Posts
and the zillas aren't bad either bigger lugs, but i think the ITP XTR would be the thing to go with. The side walls are stiffer and allow not as much role, the two that ride with us that have them love them.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
and the zillas aren't bad either bigger lugs, but i think the ITP XTR would be the thing to go with. The side walls are stiffer and allow not as much role, the two that ride with us that have them love them.
I think if I were to personally buy a trial tire it would be the Mudlite XTR.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone used the swamplites?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
personally no, but I've read they have great traction in woodsy soft area. Mud performance is under par.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about Dirt Devil 2 or Executioners? I want a stiff side wall with some side lugs.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i've always wanted executioners for some reason. i have personal experience with itp 589's and they are a pretty good all around tire aswell

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
executioners look cool but they dig in the mud. Outlaws perform better. Have proven that side by side. :D

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
I think the Exc's are REALLY Heavy too...

·
Banned
32 Posts
still think for a trail tire that preforms well in mud the mudlight xtrs are the way to go,

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
i have 28" mudlights and i like them alot the tire aint too too heavy so the power is there when needed and in the mud the traction is there when needed but i would go with Mudlights or zillas both tires are really light and ive heard the swamp lights wear down really fast

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really like the Dirt Devil 2's but haven't heard of anyone using them. Anybody ever use GBC tires?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts