Mud in My Blood Forum banner

New to the forum..But fustrated with the new Brute!

4K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Rúnar 
#1 ·
A little indroduction here: I am 34 years old and live in Fairbanks, Alaska.

I just picked up a new '08 BF 750i. 0 miles on it and took it for a spin around the block. Seeing how it was -4F this morning I figured I would just ride it around the block and put it back the garage.

I drove 1.3 miles and came back....Turned the machine off and tried to turning back on. The machine is stuck in R and will not start because it will not return to N. I can shift the selector lever up and down but no response to the cooresponding gear.:thinking:

Had to push it on the trailer and now back to the dealer in the morning.

Frustrating!:rant:

#6 ·
Well, thanks for the info.....But it will not change gears. I'm thinking it is a linkage problem. There is no resistance in the shifter regardless of what gear I tring to put it in.

The dealer opens at 9 am. I'll be there when the door unlocks.

#7 ·
Im betting its a linkage problem also. You'll need to remove the right side plastic to get at it yourself.
But since you just got it, I'd be carting it back off to the dealer too!

#9 ·
I bet, based on his description, the threaded part has come out of the end piece.
(Its looks like and is adjusted just like a tierod, alaskanmoosehunter )

#10 · (Edited)
Good News......

I can't complain.....

I dropped the machine off and told them the problem. As I left the service desk I asked, when do they think it would be done? I was told by next Saturday. I did find that unacceptable and decided to talk to the owner of the dealer. He said, "He understood and would see what he could do".

Right about noon, the owner called me and said he would uncrate a new machine, mount a new winch and put my mudlites on it. I asked him what was wrong with the machine, he told me he didn't care and hasn't looked at it yet.

I bought the machine with cash out right and to make it even better he knocked off $500.00.

I thought that was an appropiate anwser.....I mean it only had 1.3 miles on the **** thing!

So far I am happy with their customer service.

#18 ·
Congratulations on having a GOOD dealer.
We're all jealous!

#19 ·
Hopefully, the customer service will remain for the next few years of warranty.

I'm going to go pick it up in about an hour. Gotta go hook up the trailer.

-Ben

#20 ·
Have fun with her!

#24 ·
I think sometimes if you stop and your not on %100 flat ground that there is a little pressure on the gears so it takes blippin the throttle a little to relieve the pressure.

#27 ·
I just bought a new '07 650i and have been having shifting problems also. I let the engine idle down after it warms up and is off the choke. When I try to go from neutral to either reverse or high there is a lot of gnashing of gears and doesn't seem to go all the way into gear. The lever doesn't quite reach the side to side slot of that gear. If rev up to move from that position it pops back out of gear. Its a long way back to the dealer and I have to take the cap off my truck to return it. If its a simple adjustment I'd rather do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.