1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off this places rocks!!!!

ok now on to the questions...

i have a 07 650i Brute

its running like crap... it spits and spudders, backfires like crazy and dosent seem to have as much power as normal. I was thinking about pulling the carbs off and cleaning them and changing the plugs... Just figured i would ask around before tearing into my brute.

Thanks in advance.

Troy

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
welcome to the site!
are you possibly in limp mode?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
it is a mode that limits the bike to 3500 rpm i think. anyting past 1/3 throttle sounds like the reve limiter is activated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na i have full throttle.. just runs crappy getting there haha

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had the same problem after I sunk mine, coughs and sputters, no power and hard time getting too WOT, backfiring etc. I got frustrated with it, after running seafoam through it and checkin plugs etc, so I took it too the stealership. Found mud in the bowls, cleaned em up, and adjusted the valves while it was torn apart. Have ya sunk her at all? or been close and didnt think ya did and maybe she got a gulp? Cause that sounds like the problem, but one of the many other master minds here will probably chime in with some other possibilies. Good Luck and welcome too the site, great bunch of guys and gals here

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i thinking something has gotten in the bowls or something... only one way to find out right!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
very true man, sounds like it, but someone else here may have something outta the blue that it could be, I cant think of anything else that I have heard of tho

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Have u snorkled it or put a pipe on it recently?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope still bone stock... I'm starting to think its an ethanol problem... My brute set for a little bit

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Could be old gas or trash in the carbs or in tank

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yep, you just need to dust off the bowls.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all your help guys!!! any good tips to getting the carbs off... i have had the plastics off to look at them... looks like a pain :eek:

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Use a drill or screw-gun with a phillips bit is best. It'll knock 15-20m off. Oh and don't push to hard on the screw's holding the little black pocket side things on.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Welcome to THE BEST forum on the web!!!! I have been here for a little over 2 months now, let me tell ya......the knowledge you will walk away with, the endless resources, and genuine people that are more than willing to help out......

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
nope still bone stock... I'm starting to think its an ethanol problem... My brute set for a little bit
Ha...I just seen that the other day at work...I didn't believe it at first...but that is what it was....its attracts so much moisture.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah this place is amazing... so much info... i have 14 more days on this tow boat and then i get to work on my brute... so many things i am going to do... thanks for everyone's help... y'all rock :rockn:

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
This is the BEST forum hands down for info.....everyone on here is cool and not rude butts like some other forums out there...everyone on here is helpful and there is NOT another site out there with the info we have...not even Kawieriders.

·
Administrator
15,356 Posts
hmmm... I wonder if thats why mine starts to spit & sputter after riding for a few minutes then.. b/c sometimes it's 2-3 weeks of sitting before we ride again... hmm... I'ma put some seafoam or water geter outer in my tank.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
i always put seafoam or stabil in fuel .. i let mine sit for almost 3 months it fires right up and runs perfect

1 - 20 of 21 Posts