Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 148 Posts

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
BC it is. Who wants to go to Manitoba in the summer and deal with the mostiquoes that are as big as a quad? :crazy:

·
Registered
356 Posts
common big d they aint that bad, just makes it more challenging, gotta decide between throttle or swatting lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's not that bad here!!! If you guy's come on a weakened we could hit a derby Saturday and then I know of some one that would guide us on Sunday for some nasty Manitoba swamp riding!

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I just got done talking to my fiancee. We are planing on getting married this year and I'm footing the bill. So I don't think going out of the country is in the budget this year for me. I know Woodridge Manitoba isn't that far for me compared to the rest of ya.

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
common big d they aint that bad, just makes it more challenging, gotta decide between throttle or swatting lol
You kidding? I've seen small bear traps made to catch those little buggers ;)

Seriously, if time and money are on my side I'd go either east or west. I'm from the 'peg and have lots of family throughout Manitoba. I'll just bring lots of the Amway bug spray. Best thing I've found anywhere. BC is right next door so that would work. Alberta is in my backyard so that would be ideal.

I guess the final thing is Myron's ability to go. He's the one with the truck & trailer.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So did we decide on Manitoba? Lets keep the ball rolling! Do we need to vote on it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you fabman. We're going to Hawaii in Feb and that's takin care of all the big trips for the year for us. I'd still be game for a trip up north somewhere. Heard the iron range was B A.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yah iv herd that too. I will go one day. The rest I put up are really good too. Running the power lines at Paul Bunyan State Forest is really cool iv been there only once, Spider Lake is awesome,

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Yeah, I think we need to figure out

- where.
Options so far are BC & Manitoba. Then we have to narrow it down. They are both pretty big provinces :)

- when.
Summer. Pref not long weekend, but when? I know I have family committments in Wpg this summer (my sister's 50th). They plan everything around when I'm going to be there.

- how long.
1, 2, 3 days

- who's coming.
I guess this is the most important. If there are only 3 of us we may want to wait until 2011

·
Registered
536 Posts
well I have a ten minute ride on my bike to 56 000 acres of crown land to ride. Everything from nice trail riding to the nasty floating bog swamps. You guy's talk about riding the power lines, how about 1 hour to ride a mile!! There a lot of riding options out here and a lot of different terrain. If you guys want to hit a derby then I can find out what weakend it is and let you know. It is about $20 for three hands with three or four check points on the trails with a food stop half ways. There is a "wet" run as well as a "dry"(have yet to do a dry run!). There is a camp ground in Woodridge that is very atv friendly as well as a hotel with a good restaurant and bar here in La Broquirie, and I think I have enough room on my yard if you want to park you bikes and trails here. If we do a derby Saturday I can set up a guide for Sunday and do a full day of riding.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
We need to have this meet just below the mason dixon line if that's ok with yall. Try not to go north of it too often.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well it looks like there is 4 from Canada
DaBrute in B.C
Bigizzy in Alberta
Big D in Alberta
Mudforce in Manitoba

3 in the US
Fabman in MN
lg07brute south MN
Masher LA If he go's he has just as long of a hall as are Canada friends

I know Cojack is in WI if he'd like to go, and Grizzlyadams is in MN if I go he most likely will with are friends & family.

Who else do we have on M.I.M.b. up north?

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I like the just south of winapeg idea or the paul bunyan state forest in MN. Just wondering how much is a RV rental is if we go to Canada. The paul bunyan id just tent it. Thay have a Bar at 1 of the camp sight's!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Forgot to mention the campgroud in Woddridge has showers and some really neat cabins to rent too. I don't know if they have a web but it is called The Wagon Wheel

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
See what you can find out on it. The price, how far away are the trails, ext.

·
Registered
356 Posts
woodridge is sounding really good so far, I mean I am totally up for trying too go across the line too ride, but if it works there than bonus. I will see if I can find any info from some friends down in that area, but mudforce you will probably have a better chance at finding info, still gonna try but let us know what ya figure out

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yah I like the idea too, and I do want to go up to Canada to ride I'm just don't know if I can fund that trip with a wedding in my near future. I personally would like to see it in MN this year just so I know that I can and will go but the place Mudforce has picked out I cant complain. It closer for me the the rest of ya besides Mudforce! ill see what an RV will run me and go from there. Hay Mudforce when are those derby's you speak of so we can start trying to get a date. and Bib D when is your sis b-day for the same reason. Is this place like a park where you can brake off from the group if a kid gets cranky and go back the the camp site? or a long trail sys. It looks like Big D and I have little kid's (if I get him the weekend we do this) my boy is 5. how old is yours D? the place's I put up you can park and camp in the middle of the sys so you can have lunch or come and go if you like or need.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The trails are all more or less right from the campground. I will try to find out rates on the campground cabins and also how many. I know that they are net "A" frame style with two beds a fridge microwave. Even if it is not a derby weakend I can arange a guide to ride both days. We could hit Woodridge area Sat and maybe Richer on sunday which would be a short ride by truck from Woodridge but has some real challenging mud runs. Woodridge also has a good resurant as well as a general store with fuel. I will ask around about the derbys and try to find some stuff out. And just to let you guy;s know I would honored to have you all here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
In Northern Ontario I know of at least 5 ATV clubs that ride pretty hard...6-7hr runs, ****** sick mixed trails around here, mud, rock hills, rivers, deep bush, open fields, hydro pole lines....great for the all around rider....if i can get some names and numbers of the Event Coordinators up here, anybody wanna start the Canadian Branch of MUD IN MY BLOOD Riders Clan?? Would be sick, after a while of meets we could have a huge meet maybe in ONT or something and have some great times!
just a thought, theres alot of riders in THIS area who would give u guys a good run for your bike! lmao

ciao,

Chef

21 - 40 of 148 Posts