Mud in My Blood Forum banner

41 - 60 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I sent out 2 PMs. One to the Woodridge fellow and one to the Richer fellow. This is what I sent the Woodridge fellow:

Hey there! I am wondering if you have any idea when you are going to have a spring derby. The reason I ask is because I also am a member of www.mudinmyblood.com, and they are talking of a northern meet and greet, and I mentioned all the great trails available here in Manitoba as well as the good derbys we have here to offer. So there would be guy's from BC, Alberta, as well as MN and some other states not sure from were and how many but sounds like a good size crew would be coming out. I am also looking for some info on the cabin rentals at the Wagon wheel, how much per night and so on. I was talking to the guy's and saying we could do the derby on Sat and then get some on to guide on Sunday and do a all day ride. So any info you can get me would be good because the sooner I know the sooner they can decide when they want to come.

Thanx, Rick

And this is the reply i got:

Man that sounds cool Rick. First our spring will be most likely the 3rd weekend in June. It will be a dry run only. With the new rules for our area we can't have a derby between Mar 15 th to June 1st. It sucks but what are you going to do ! as for it being a dry run it is due to the vary good chance that it will be to dry out there. So often we get our mud runs shut down any ways. As like our derby last June if I did have a run ready they would have stopped it as of Friday night due to the dry conditions. I had many guys come out only to leave when they found out there was no mud run.

Not my choice but hay !

Now if they do come out and want mud they could do the derby ( dry ) and see some of the trails etc. On Sunday I would be more then happy to show them around on a mud tour. I'm sure me and the boys can send them home a little muddy !

As for the Wagon Wheel you can call Lenord at 429-2027. They do book up fast so ! And there like $40.00 a night so not bad at all. They have 2 doubles micro , coffee , small fridge. Showers in seperate bldg etc.

I hope this helps you out and thanks for letting others know how lucky we are to have what we got.

Gary.

This is what i sent the Richer fellow:

Hey there! Any idea of when you will be having a derby? The reason I am asking is that I also belong to Mud In My Blood and there is talk of a meet and greet in the "north". There is a few guy's from BC, Alberta, as well as from MN and some other states. They are talking about coming this way for a weakened, and I have mentioned the derby's out here and are interested in checking one out and said yours would be a good one to do. Also if they come on a different weakened would you be interested in guiding us through Rock berry road? Let me know as soon as you can.

Thna, Rick

And this is the reply I got:

I'm up for rockeberry road anytime, so that is doable. The derby is suppose to be the second saturday of June. Having some problems right now though. I'm not sure of a couple trails and the RM of Tache apparantly doesn't have ownership maps. We have basically until the middle of february to have our trail planed and the permit filled out or we will miss the deadline. This permit thing sucks ***.

Brent

Sorry bout all the reading. We don't necessarily need to hit derbies but we can hit trails. Rockeberry road sounds like fun..I iwll try to get some pics.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Way cool!! GOOD JOB MUDFORCE!!!!!!!! This is what we needed.

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Has a date been suggested yet?
I'm still not sure if I can swing it, but if I can, how about the weekend of July 24/25?

I usually stay for a full week and that would allow me to take advantage of the long weekend at the other end.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Has a date been suggested yet?
I'm still not sure if I can swing it, but if I can, how about the weekend of July 24/25?

I usually stay for a full week and that would allow me to take advantage of the long weekend at the other end.
same boat here,
those dates sound doable but i have to wait until my layoff is done (mid March) so i can book the time. Shouldn't be a problem as i have lot's of senority :bigok:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm liking the 24/25th suggestion, lots of time too try and get a couple personal days around that time, hopefully I can swing it, dont got any seniority yet haha

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
If we're going to go through stuff Mudforce showed, I really need to snorkle mine before we leave.

So is this a family event? We would be travelling with 9, 11 and 13 year old boys. Are there areas they could comfortably play with their quads? The 11 and 13 year old have 500cc machines, but they're new at it and it may take a lot of convincing. The 9-year-old has an itty bitty 70cc that can't go through much of anything.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Once we all know what is going on I can arrange a family ride one day and a hardcore mud run on another day. There is all kinds of trails out here so we should be able to accommodate everyone. I am free pretty much all summer so the sooner we can set a date the sooner I can contact the right people to guide us.

·
Registered
356 Posts
well so far it sounds like the 24th weekend in july would be a winner, havent heard any objections

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
I just googled Woodridge. I was thinking Woodman (really close to Wpg). How far (in hours) is this from the SE perimeter?

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Since we haven't formally decided on Manitoba, I'd like to throw Alberta into the equation.

Our group normally heads to a place called McLean Creek. This is in the beautiful Kananaskis mountain area. There are a number of camp grounds in that area including one specifically for the off-roaders (quads, trucks and dirt bikes). It it about an hour outside of the city of Calgary.

I'd have to look into legal stuff because I'm positive all vehicles have to be insured and registered and helmets are required. The fish police (rangers) do come and check occasionally.

There are a number of other places off-roaders like to go. I'll look into it and report back.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like the idea Big D but I think that the 'toba idea was thrown into the pot too accommodate our southern neighbours. I'm up for both

·
Registered
536 Posts
Woodridge would be about 1.25 hours.form the perimeter. And ya you would all need helmets here to, there is a lot of people who don't but I like my life to much to lose it.

41 - 60 of 148 Posts