Mud in My Blood Forum banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Okay, we'll stick to Manitoba for this year.Either location is fine for me too. I'm heading to Manitoba this summer, but I'm still not sure if I can make it to the M&G, but I'll work on it.

I'll get some good pictures and video and see if I can coerce even the east coast and southern dudes to head west for Summer 2011.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i would be game for something in MN and i know of another guy with a brute and 2 guys with polaris if u don't mind...

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I'll get some good pictures and video and see if I can coerce even the east coast and southern dudes to head west for Summer 2011.
I'll do the same, between the two of us we should have dudes and dudettes drooling to check out what the Great White North has to offer ;)

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Where in BC are you? Do you have good ski-doo places?

I haven't taken mine out yet this year and I'm going through withdrawls. If I don't get on it soon I'm going to sell the dang thing. When you consider what I paid for it and how often we've gone it, it's cost me about $1200/trip (not including hotels, etc).

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Looks like I'm out. The BF won't be able to come and he's the one with the truck & trailer. I'll try to drive out for the day to meet you guys (I love putting name & face together) and take some pictures.

Keep this one going!
D

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Steel the truck!!! He can drive your car cant he? He will save on gas for the week!

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
I'm just not sure how comfortable I'd feel hauling his 18' trailer behind me. Lord knows I wouldn't feel comfortable with the quad on the deck. Driving is one thing, getting it up there freaks me out.

I love driving his truck though. He's done something to the exhaust so it sounds like a jake break when you gear down. I've scared the crap out of a few people when I did that behind them.
:firedevil:

·
Registered
536 Posts
So through your bike on the truck and come on down!! So is it for sure July 24/25 and are you does every one know were they are staying? Might want to book Hotels soon.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am up for that, probably tenting, but if ya need someone too haul your machine big d, I can probably put it in my truck and haul it down for ya if I get too go.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Pulling a trailer is not that hard. The biggest thing is to remember its back there.

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
I'm not so worried about pulling the trailer. It's the turning and parking that concern me. Thanks for the offers to bring my machine for me. I'll see what happens as we get closer to July.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
If a different weekend works better let us Know. I see we have new northerners on the map that have not spoke up yet in hear. Are you guy's/gal's interested? keep it going!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would be open to pretty much any weekend, if I know you guys are coming then that weekend is free!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm also from Manitoba and Mudforce is right, Richer and Woodridge are great places to ride! I'm up for a ride anywhwere. Whether its in Manitoba, Alberta, Ontario, Minnesota makes no difference to me! Always up to ride at a new place and meet new peeps!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
well lets not let this one fizzle out, I would be more than willing too help someone set everything up, probably couldnt do it all on my own. What I would like too get arranged is location recomendations, and than take a poll and see what would be the most popular location. Or do we just want too pick something and set it up? If any moderators stumble across this and have an idea on how too set something up, or how it was done for previous rdes, toss it out there, LETS NOT LET THIS IDEA DIE FOLKS, I really want too see a northern ride happen

·
Registered
261 Posts
i am from manitoba too, might be in for the ride and bring some others too!!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Well where to start?....
It's looking as though I won't be going anywhere for a while (trip wise anyway). I am going to be very busy over the next 6-8 mos.dealing with some family issues, this really sucks for me as I was very much looking forward to meeting the friends I have made here (maybe next year :( )
I just have to keep telling myself that this idea will be a success, and i WILL be at the next one! sorry all, Dave

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Okay guys, you can't let Big Izzy down. He's really looking forward to this. :D

This is the first attempt at a northern M&G. Why don't you guys go with the original plan of July 24/25 in Woodridge, MB. At least you'll have a starting point and can make some plans from there. Looks like you have a few more interested people than when we first started talking about it.

Like I said previously, I'll be in the 'peg that week, but will probably be there without my quad. I would love to drive out and meet you guys though. Who knows, I may luck out and be able to borrow a wee trailer just big enough for my machine.

Sorry to hear you have family issues DaBrute. Hope it's not too serious. Maybe those of us from AB/BC and get together for some riding a little closer to home this summer.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
D is right lets just plan it for July 24/25 in Woodridge, MB.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sounds good to me!!! If you guys need anything let me know so I can try to set things up. So if it a weakened thing then I will take a few days off work so we can meet up and get going. If you guys are ok with it then I will post it on www.trackshare.com and see if I can get more guys to come out too.

61 - 80 of 148 Posts