Mud in My Blood Forum banner

81 - 100 of 148 Posts

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
YEAH!!!!!

Let me know what I can do from my end to help. I'm a bit of an organizer so if you need someone to keep track of stuff....I'm your girl.

Where was the nearest hotel/motel? Did you say Labroquerie (sorry if I spelled that wrong)? Are there more than one in the vicinity? How about car washes to clean off the quads ;)

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Well I'm thinking we should have a place we can have a home base to meet & start from a camp fire would be cool afterword or a place just to hang out as a group. Mudforce I think will be the best guy to help set thing's up. It's your neck of the wood's so to speak. And your already off to a good start! love the idea of a trail master to guide us around!

·
Registered
536 Posts
There is a good Hotel right in my home town here in Labroquerie I can find out rates and post them here. If you guy's stay at the Hotel you could leave your bikes at place if you would feel safer with that, we could also have a fire every night to sit around and pass the BS around. There is a car wash in town too and I could also try to get my Dads pressure washer and wash them right here at my place. I have a good friend who is a very good mechanic and could help out with miner repairs if needed. I also work in a welding shop which is close to home so if we need to re weld anything then we would be ok too. I already talked to a local in Woodridge also a member of Trackshare who would be or guide, he was saying that the trails would be a trail ride to the mud holes play for a wile ride trail , play in mud and so on, so it would not just be hard core mud all the time. I told him to take us to a very well known water hole around here called Benford pits, the best place around for water wheelies!!!! The only problem is that from my place to woodridge is about a 1/2hr truck ride but well worth it for sure!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Okay guys, you can't let Big Izzy down. He's really looking forward to this. :D

This is the first attempt at a northern M&G. Why don't you guys go with the original plan of July 24/25 in Woodridge, MB. At least you'll have a starting point and can make some plans from there. Looks like you have a few more interested people than when we first started talking about it.

Like I said previously, I'll be in the 'peg that week, but will probably be there without my quad. I would love to drive out and meet you guys though. Who knows, I may luck out and be able to borrow a wee trailer just big enough for my machine.

Sorry to hear you have family issues DaBrute. Hope it's not too serious. Maybe those of us from AB/BC and get together for some riding a little closer to home this summer.

I think a bc/ab ride would be great, i'm definetly in.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am in for both an AB/BC ride and a toba ride, and woodridge sounds awsome. Mudforce ya seem too have a lot of the necessities figured out already which is great. I like the idea of a pre arranged welding shop, will probably come in handy. I have already put the word out with some friends that I ride with back in toba and they are interested. Now if there is anything I can help out with @ ALL let me know there mudforce, I will do whatever I can by phone or e-mail as I wont be goin back too toba till the ride probably. Big D if I can help ya out in the getting your machine too toba department let me know as I will be driving down there, even pull the trailer down and back for ya. DaBrute sorry too hear about the family problems. If you happen too get a chance too come let us know, I would be more than willing too help a fellow MIMB'er out.

Once again nice work Mudforce keep us posted on the situation and if ya need anything just ask.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well what i am going to do is find out the camping rates at the Wagon wheel which is right in Woodridge, as well as find the rates for the hotel here in Labroquerie. I would also like to know when you guys are all coming, are we riding sat to sun or fri to sat? If it will be fri to sat then I want to take thur and fri off. Also do you want to ride woodridge only or hit Woodridge one day then Richer the next day? There is alot of riding options here, although if you all stay in Woodridge then we should stay there and ride that area. Hopefully bedford pits will still have a good amount of water at that time because that is the best place for water wheelies!!! I would also like to have you all come to my house the first night and have a bon fire so we can all meet each other and pass the BS around. Would you guys like to ride with a bigger group because I can post this weakened on www.trackshare.com and get more people out to ride with us. This is the site I spend most of the time on, although this site is addictive too!!! Let me know what you guy's think of all that so we can get this rolling, the sooner I can find out were you want to stay then i can maybe pre book, at least the campground will fill up quick as a lot of people ride that area. there is aslo cabins to rent there that are one room two beds a small fridge and microwave, no washroom in the cabin but they do have showers and washrooms in a separate building and I think the cabins are around $40.00 a nite but I will confirm to find out for sure. Oh ya and they book up fast.

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Looks like I can't even come out to meet you guys. The ex informed me, when I told him my holiday plans that he's booked the last two weeks of July for his holiday. Yeah, sure. The man's never booked anything in advance in his life. I'll have to come out earlier in July now.

Take lots of pictures and video...please.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Funny my X did something similar for memorial weekend.

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
My sis said I should get him to prove it (I had my signed vacation slip from my mgr). But every year since we split I'd tell him which dates I wanted the boys and he always agreed...sigh.

Some days I'd just like to arrange for him to visit you guys down south. Hey, hunting accidents happen right? ;)

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Nice my X said she is heading to Texas!;) Too bad she wants my boy for it. We always go camping for memorial weekend with him.:sad:

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Any updates? I'm keeping my eye on you guys ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
gotta keep stirring the pot, cause I got some awsome friends dragging my machine 1100 km in their truck, on their way too a wedding, for me so I can tinker before the ride, so lets make this happen!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well it looks like the 24th is the Derby in Woodridge so the camp ground will fill up fast if it is not booked all ready. I was told the derby will be a dry run only which is okay if you like eating dust all day! So i could talk to the guy I know in Richer which is close by and see if He can guide us Saturday and then still hit Woodridge Sunday.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Cool

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Has everyone who's planning on going booked their spot?

·
Registered
536 Posts
The derby I mentioned before has been canceled so we are free to ride were we want. I need to know if you guy's plan on camping or just staying in a Hotel so I can set something up.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Anyone near Maine?

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I hope not that is a good place too ride. I know we have more northern riders now then when we started this thread. Common guys and gals keep it going!

81 - 100 of 148 Posts