Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a 2" snorkle on my bike and a dyna cdi now it needs to be rejetted. I can cover the snorkle in almost half and it seems to run better (that means im lean right?) I have read alot on this but I figure I"ll ask here and see what you guys come up with. What I have done so far is to replace the pilot jets to 40 instead of 38s but I havent put it back together yet and drilled out the air/fuel screw and adj. to 2.5 turn out. What do u think shim the neddle .040? not really sure how to do that a pic or two would help on where to put the #4 washer or washers. keep stock mains ? don't want to get a jet kit if I dont have to. Both of my head pipes are solid white all the way to the muffler.hot wired the fan on a switch and it will over heat within 2 miles with the fan running all the time (bad thermostat?).any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
If your getting too much air, a quick easy fix would be to put a reducer in the end.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I put a 2" snorkle on my bike and a dyna cdi now it needs to be rejetted. I can cover the snorkle in almost half and it seems to run better (that means im lean right?) I have read alot on this but I figure I"ll ask here and see what you guys come up with. What I have done so far is to replace the pilot jets to 40 instead of 38s but I havent put it back together yet and drilled out the air/fuel screw and adj. to 2.5 turn out. What do u think shim the neddle .040? not really sure how to do that a pic or two would help on where to put the #4 washer or washers. keep stock mains ? don't want to get a jet kit if I dont have to. Both of my head pipes are solid white all the way to the muffler.hot wired the fan on a switch and it will over heat within 2 miles with the fan running all the time (bad thermostat?).any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
Yes...Its Lean. You will be better off to buy a Dynojet kit....You can get them at Mud-Throwers.com.

Here is the way the carb tuning works....This will give you an idea

1/8-1/4 is your pilot jet
1/4-3/4 is your needle
3/4=WOT is your main jet.

Jetting is not hard to do....just time consuming. IMO.... you will be better off to jet it correctly...plus it will run better. If you need any help on it just PM some of us....
Running it lean will ruin your motor....a $65 Jet kit is cheaper than a motor...:rockn:

If you want I can explain to you how to tune your carb at each throttle position.....you just need a about 4 new plugs....Let me know and myself or one of the others would be more than happy to help.

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see that EHSracing has shims does anyone know which shim is the right one for 750 brute .106" ID .250"OD .020 thick or the .126" ID .275" OD .020 thick?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I see that EHSracing has shims does anyone know which shim is the right one for 750 brute .106" ID .250"OD .020 thick or the .126" ID .275" OD .020 thick?
PM me your address and I will mail you some. Two of my shims equal 0.040....thats what they said to shim them on the Dynotek website if you had a misfire.

I still think you will be better off to just Jet it. If you get it too rich in the mid section...your top end will fall off. By just shimming it your problems have a good chance of being there. I will send you some anyway.

How many you need???

and BTW.....what size OEM main jet do you have in yours now?????...I have some Extra main jets....which you will more thatn likely need. Maybe with them you can get close enough and not hurt your motor. I can cross referance your OEM size and sent you 2 that will hopefully get you close....that is if I have the right ones.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
you better get a jet kit. Running a motor like that is bad stuff.
I'm in the same boat as you on the rear only. about to pull plugs and check em.
my rear glows so bright u can light a cig off it.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I got your PM...I will put them in the mail tomorrow....

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU ! I went to three diff. stores and bought some ,but all of the ones I got were the wrong size or thickness.

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to check out my valves and adjust them if they need it (1900 mi. never looked at them)while I got the carbs out of the way.thanks for everyones responses

what u think on mains go up 1 or 2 sizes or run the stock ones and see how she does first?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I would only go up one size at at time in both front & rear.....That way you know how is running each time. You might even have to go up 1 size in Front 2 in the rear......The V-Twins are kinda of aggravating to get exactly right....

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the shims saturday THANKS to Bootlegger and installed them along with #40 pilots, it idled fine with the #38 pilots but had the stumble just off of idle. Now with the #40 pilots and .030 under the stock needle(.030 shim received in mail) it seems to run pretty good (some times a little hesitaint off the line )but runs good all the way to about 3/4 throttle and then it seem to be flat and not pulling as hard as it should. Full throttle and back off it backfires on deceleration. My question is should I go up in jet size or down or maybe go to .020 shim or .040 shim maybe back to # 38 pilots? Is it running rich now because of the backfiring? Oh and I'm 2.5 turns out on air/fuel screw. I havent checked my plugs yet but will do plug chop soon.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Glad you got them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts