Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my Jet Kit comes in tomorrow and not really sure on what to try first.... I have a Uni Air Filter, Exhaust Mod, and Snorkel and it is going in and out pretty bad unless I block off part of the snorkel. Any ideas on where I should start???

·
Team BS
757 Posts
the jet kit tells u what jets to install.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
As bad as it it sounds you are just gonna have to play with it and see what you like best. If you can hold your hand over part of the snorkel and it gets better then you are running lean. Some will tell you to run 138/142 I tried that and wasn't as impressed as I am running a little rich. Right now I am at 150/155 and it runs good. Start with what the jet kit tells you and see what you think and just keep changing it to see what you like best.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang....this is why I hate the Jetting part....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so I jetted my bike I used a 150in the front and a 155 in the back like the book said to start with. The bike ran great for a while. The more I played on it today the crappier it ran. When I am giving it 70%-100% throttle its great but when you are crusing or let of it is poping....what do I need to do from here...

·
Banned
384 Posts
Mess with the needle adjustment.

Do plug runs at each throttle position the problem shows up at. You plugs will tell you which way to go. Start with a new set of plugs with the bike at operating temp. I know... it's hot! That what they make gloves and extenstions for .;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no where around here to get new plugs untill tuesday...anything else I could do??

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
The 150/155 set up never works for any bike I've done so I dont even attempt to start there - when jetting one I always start with 138/142 set up and go from there - but everybike is different so one may need a little more needle adjustemnt or a/f mix screw to make it right.
I always recommend 138/142 - clip on 3rd notch with 1 shim under it and 2.25 on the a/f screw - this alwasy gets me close then I just fine tune from there. I've spent a lot of time jetting different brutes and very rarely will they be the same but jet sizes is usually somewhere around 138/142 give or take 2 jet sizes either way. But thats here in AL so with you being in NC - the air may be thinner depending how far above sea level u r so it may take a lil bigger jet to get u right.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet thanks for the help, I am working on it right now, be back in a few to let you know how it does...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts