Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry yall but I am just in a learning mode right now and this is my last thing for tonight haha, But it looks like to me that that 08 Fender box would fit on older modle brute....will it??

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It will, but the racks have to be cut, to accomodate. The 2008 brute has a smaller front rack than earlier years so the lid will fit and open.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well crap that blows that idea...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
You can install the drybox but you will need 08 front rack also.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
just get a 08 brute rack you will be surprised at how many people have been parting them out lately or just find one on ebay. ebay seems to have everything, but in all honesty there not waterproof and not very big inside either

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
^ i second the not very "dry" dry box!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mine leaks. I'd just get a Ammo can or two if i were you. It's not a very good dry box as others have said. I just put whatver I don't mind getting wet in there, or put it in a ziplock bag.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
it's convenient for me, good to stash stuff between mudholes or while trail riding. Phone, keys, gloves, shades, knife, whatever. When the trails end and the mud begins, though, all that stuff comes out and into the ammo can behind me =P

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I love the handy little fender box.Guess I'm the lucky one. Mine has not leaked yet but i still keep a zip lock bag in mine to put stuff like my wallet and phone into just in case.

For those guys that are having leak problems ,have you checked to make sure the rubber drain plug ha snot gotten knocked out of the bottom? Or is leaking around the rim?

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
I installed one on my '08 650i along with the 750 rack and like it. I bought a waterproof hard case made by Pelican at Academy that I put valuables (cell etc.) into and then throw it in the Kawi box, works good and kinda protects things from bouncing around in there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Leaks around the rim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts