Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went for a little ride today covered about 120km a lot of snow and ice still out there on the trail, and 1 amish horse and wagon.
The mine is about 500ft deep of water about 1 mile long and 3/4 mile across used to be iron ore closed in 78.
Thats a old iron bridge in a spot where north/south meets east/west trails. Middle of nowhere.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
that's 74.5 miles!
How many times did you have to fill up?

Looks like you had fun :) I would like to throw my stock springs back in, trail tires and ride 50+ miles. today was a good day for it.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never filled up..Got back and still had fuel left..mind you the warning light came on about 1 mile from the end but the it's still good for an other 10 to 20 miles safely..

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
I don't see any wobbly pops?

As for the fuel, I'd think my Brute gets close to that. I've gone 6+ hrs and no fill up.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry no pop pictures on our rides..that all stays at home in the garage for later..

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Awesome scenery. I'd love to go on a long ride like that. Don't have public trails around here long enough to ride that far and not see the same thing twice.

·
Resident Canuck!
180 Posts
Sorry no pop pictures on our rides..that all stays at home in the garage for later..

:D Another person that rides like me. I save em for after the ride, never on the trails. We put on 109kms today in NB, was agreat day for it down here +5 and sun. 9 of us went out for 7 hours.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Those pics make me wish the winter storm that just hit here today would have missed us. I can't wait for the snow to melt already!!

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Moderation is the key.......or find a camp to stay the night!!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Awesome scenery. I'd love to go on a long ride like that. Don't have public trails around here long enough to ride that far and not see the same thing twice.
Yea same here but it would be cool, Nice pics.

+5??????? I might have had to stay in the GARAGE to keep an eye on the "pops"

·
Registered
101 Posts
looks like they had fun. theres really no where i live that you can ride that far legally

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Who said it was all legal? :)

Joking aside, I don't there are many (if any) places anywhere you can go that far 100% legal. You'd have to jump a road or cut across some land without permission at some time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah i know. all of the places i ride are not legal. we have to cross roads too and all that crap

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
We have a lot up hear in MN. The Soo Line has brake off trails off of it. So we could make a weekend of it and not hit the same thing if you took your camping gear.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
The Newfoundland run each year is like 7 days @ 100+ km's per day from Ferry to ferry, now that would be a trip. Lots of trails, tundra, holes and hangovers.

Drive the machine off your trailer in NS onto awiting boat, take ferry across, drive to the other side of Newfoundland, back on the ferry, cross the pond again, load it up and back home again.

Never did it yet, but in the plans.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who said it was all legal? :)

Joking aside, I don't there are many (if any) places anywhere you can go that far 100% legal. You'd have to jump a road or cut across some land without permission at some time.
We can go that far and farther government saw fit to create an ORV act in Ontario, so as long as your local town,city, township or what ever passes a by-law that allows it you can cross roads, go down roads, but there are rules to follow regarding plates,insurance,helmets and such plus what ever restrictions the by-law has..
Old rail lines are part of a managed trail system and they go for miles used to serve mining and timber markets but the rails are all gone now..
The maps not very good on the net but you'll get the idea of the area just in the eastern part..Most area have by-laws in place and those that do not we are actively persuading them..

http://www.thetrail.ca/info/map_large.jpg

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Newfoundland run each year is like 7 days @ 100+ km's per day from Ferry to ferry, now that would be a trip. Lots of trails, tundra, holes and hangovers.

Drive the machine off your trailer in NS onto awiting boat, take ferry across, drive to the other side of Newfoundland, back on the ferry, cross the pond again, load it up and back home again.

Never did it yet, but in the plans.
I've never been there on a ATV but a couple of groups locally have, looked at the pictures running along the ocean, on the bucket list of for sure things to do..EH!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here's a few from last weekends ride.. part group picture, even a stop at Timmies along the way, the bee merging onto the next trail.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Snow all gone?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts