Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever painted atv plastics? Im trying to find out what paint to use and how to prep it. I have heard of people that do it and the paint chips off. I dont want this to happen. Please help!!

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
Well, if you want it done professionally, take it to a body shop and let them do it. They have an additive called "flex" that they put in paint for plastics...

To take the cheaper route, you can use Fusion from Krylon, just make sure you follow the instructions and prep the plastic by cleaning it like it says, you should be able to get some clear coat in a spray can too (from the auto body paint place) and paint it with that afterwards to it to make it look better.

Last way, is to have it dipped, using a process called "hydrographics". Can usually get this done from $400-$600 depending on color/pattern. Very durable from what I understand.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
really none last from what i have seen polaris is right on with how to get em done but that fusion give it up comes right off and the flex additive doesnt last to long if you use a pressure washer and hydro i dont know much about but have heard it is good but you can buy brand new plastic for the price of that just limited on color is all, but for me i would buy new plastics if i spent that kinda money personally but according on your color i have seen plastics lined to like rhino lined and what not

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
i have seen a couplw bikes done so i would say yeah

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Not sure about weight but it would look cool enough to justify:haha: Have had exp. with the Krylon Fusion it starts flaking of almost imediatley!! about a month after i did it i wished i hadnt! but it looked ok i guess This pic is when it was fresh this one is after ''the crash'' and the rebuild so she is a little scarred up:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts