Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Team BS
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Pelican 1020 case to hold my PCIII. Since the plugs are alot bigger than the wires, i just notched out a spot for the wires to slide through. There is a rubber lining that makes up the seal that i will silicone to the hole to make it water tight again and still be able to open/close the lid. Here are some pics I took after making the hole in my Pelican 1020 Case. sorry about the pics, i took them with my cellphone. ill have to get better pics when i get it sealed up.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
thanks for posting this. I'll be doing it too when i get my PCIII.
where are you going to place the case?​

·
Team BS
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the case from the internet, dont remember where at the moment, but ive hurd they have them at academy.

as far as placement. im either goin to mount it on the right side of the battery, or im goin to remove the factory tool kit and do some trimming on the plastic tray and put it where the tool kit is. i believe the PCIII will fit in a 1010 box, and that box is a lil smaller so it might be easier to place.

after i get it sealed up ill get some test pics of submergin the box and where i mount it.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I put mine in a 1010 today. I didn't have my camera of course, but I will take pics probably tomorrow. I did get mine from academy for like $12.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Here's the pics. I used a 1010 Pelican Case bought at Academy for $11. Yellow was the only color they had so yellow it is. I notched the corner with a rotozip. I was careful to not do too much at a time and keep checking it to get a snug fit on the wire. I had to remove the inner liner, place the PCIII inside the liner, then reinsert them both at the same time, because it was a tight fit. I also velcroed the case to the frame.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
nice. So the seat fits ok where you have the box?
I'll be doing this also. Let us know how waterproof the modification to the box is!

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
It fits under the seat fine. I tested it today, it was submerged numerous times and not a drop. As i notched it I checked it several times till it would close, yet was semi tight fit. I used no silicone and it sealed water tight. The key is to not remove to much, but if you do you will just have to add silicone. When your test fitting it, it's best to leave the rubber liner out so it will be easy to take in and out. Its a tight fit with the rubber liner, but it won't be bouncing around either.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Very good. This is the one I'll get. I have several pelican flashlights and they rock. Very fine products. Im sure this sealed box is going to be superb as well.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
i thought they were waterproof so why need this

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
they say they are but ive heard peeps say theirs was ruined by water, personally i'm choosing this route also

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
just like snorkels. Why not pay 11 dollars and be sure or pay 275 for a new one when the water shorts it out. Insureance Policy

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
I bought a 1010 yesterday now just gotta get it on thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
It's a tight fit. Just take the rubber liner out while your test fitting. I notched the corner away from the latches and hinges. Do just enough where it will close snugly. Then put the PCIII in the black liner and push them into the case as one unit.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Looks like a fine idea. Now I just need to get the PCIII, lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Awesome info!! About to get a PC3 and didn't even think about trying to protect it from water.

Scott

·
Team BS
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont think the 1020 case will fit there since its bigger, or at least i culdnt make it. so i trimmed the plastic tray where the tool kit is and made it fit there. it fits really good and keeps it down low so the seat cant hit it. ill try to take some pictures tonite for those who would like to go this route.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How long are the wires from the PCIII? Could the case and PCIII be placed in the 08/09 storage compartement

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Some people put them in there, but the wires are usually exposed or you will have to drill holes to hide them. I don't know if they add to the wires or not. I didn't try that route.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts