Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok can anyone tell me what the performace diff is between a 2 1/2" job and a 3" job... I want to get this right befor I start jetting...

·
Team BS
396 Posts
With your stock exhaust mod you can only flow so much air out. But the more air you flow total the more power you can produce. More air means you will need more fuel (bigger jets).

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I don't believe that you could flow enough air through the stock heads or the exhaust that you have or most of us have to even worry about trying 3".

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great that is what I wanted to hear, I am gonna get a Big Gun Full exhaust in a week or so but didnt really think there would be any point in changing my snorkel size. But didnt really know...

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Well I may be wrong. I just saw on here where some guys are running the 3" and said its making a difference. And alot of bikes are jetting down for 2" snorkles. I've ordered a air/fuel mixture gauge and will be able to find out alot more soon. I may go to 2 2" for mine if I feel I can flow that much air and get the mixture right.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
well i can tell you now on my brute there was a good amount of difference. i am fuel injected so i dont mess with jetting :rockn: but i had the original 2in that wrapped around the steering stem and now i have a 3in i cut out and goes back into 2 but goes under the steering and i can wheelie like no tomm now. i could before but now i def can feel what the brute is made of and im completely stock as far as motor see

MOV02174.flv video by Rebel4142 - Photobucket

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Just talked to a few other guys and I didn't realize how much the bikes were getting jetted down. Bad part about trading for a bike that has work done on it already.

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
I think if you went w/ a 3" pipe all the way out and had it tuned it might make a difference. But you would need to get it tuned.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
me and head will be tuning our own bikes, so we will see what happens

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
I haven't measured mine but everything I found on kawieriders said
big gun was 1.5 inches
Reg muzzy was 1.25
Muzzy pro starts at 1.25 then steps up to 1.5 a few inches from the head

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I haven't measured mine but everything I found on kawieriders said
big gun was 1.5 inches
Reg muzzy was 1.25
Muzzy pro starts at 1.25 then steps up to 1.5 a few inches from the head

Do you know if anyone has run 2 - 2" with stock headers and a hmf slip on? Our LM2 came in today so I'll get to play with it some this weekend but I was thinking about ordering some headers for it. I've also got one to rebuild this weekend so mine may be pushed back some.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
I ran it with stock pipe for a little while before i got my big gun. IMO even a stock bike can benefit from it because most of the time your having to jet down for on 2".

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my stuff tonight to change my snorks, and big gun coming in a week or so....

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Video the installation of the pipe!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts