Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was hoping someone could help me find/verify the Pilot/Mixture Screw Location for my 2008 Brute Force 650. I've had a hard time finding an exact image online. As you can see I have started to drill out what I believe is the cap covering the screw, but my concern was that the metal was not a thin as I was lead to believe so I wanted to make sure before going further.

Can someone please confirm that I'm diggin' in the right location?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
BF

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
That's it partner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Be careful once you break thru it , you can damage the pilot screw pretty easy if you hit with the drill

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Yep...that's it. Man...it would sure be nice if the 750s had allen-heads on the bowl screws instead of the phillips...
Hey I got lucky yesterday and found some at lowes, they were M4-.70 x 20 . I cut them down to 14 and now a happy camper :) first time in 6 years I have found those at lowes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep...that's it. Man...it would sure be nice if the 750s had allen-heads on the bowl screws instead of the phillips...
True. The philips screws were a pain to get off. Even with the really short screwdrivers I have. Hex screws and a Bondhus ball driver are a must if you are going to jet. I have not tested it yet, but I believe I should be able to re-jet without having to take any of the plastics off.

Later I'll post some other pics of taking the plugs out. Just in case someone has the same questions/concerns I did.

BF

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
True. The philips screws were a pain to get off. Even with the really short screwdrivers I have. Hex screws and a Bondhus ball driver are a must if you are going to jet. I have not tested it yet, but I believe I should be able to re-jet without having to take any of the plastics off.

Later I'll post some other pics of taking the plugs out. Just in case someone has the same questions/concerns I did.

BF
Wow that's a lot work , pull the fender pocket and engine cover on the left side in 4 minutes and be done lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got the pilot screw cover off and have moved on to tuning. Here are the other pics I took. You have to pull a great deal to get them out. After drilling the hole, I used a self tapping screw to grab on to them. I also blew out the pilot screw hole with compressed air to get the metal shavings out.

BF

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Good pics - eye candy is awesome....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts