Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Headed out to Plant Bamboo for the Labor Day weekend. Hope to see a few of you out there!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I didn't even think of taking pics and stuff when i was out there.
I might be out there the 20th?
If i get the parts and

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Not crowded at all. Overcast, so not too hot. Very wet and muddy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Never got stuck, even though I tried. Poured down rain for about an hour this afternoon. Camp is muddy now. 😔 I need a camper.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Some if the people we camped with were thinking the same last time we were. There and it rained.. Had the high rollers with motor homes.
And our ghetto tent area:unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some if the people we camped with were thinking the same last time we were. There and it rained.. Had the high rollers with motor homes.
And our ghetto tent area:unsure:
grab a popup camper, it's what I've had an used for years, they are great and if you get one of the larger ones with pull out beds and side dinette they can actually fit 6 people pretty easily, 4 if you want a bed to a person.

actually just upgraded to a pop-up with a toy-hauler deck on front (small one with single ATV slot, next model up can fit a UTV i've been told or 2 atvs + gear or 4 MX bikes)

the toy-hauler ones def can get pricey (my used 2019 one with the single deck cost me 10k) but a regular pop-up can run as little at a couple thousand in good working condition (as low a 1k if you get one that needs work like electrical or simple stuff like that, that is easy but time consuming)

and most I've had or used the canvas the wall is made out of is so thick that it actually holds heat really well (well enough to take it out in late october and be comfortable with the propane heater on low-med) and with either a small roof mount ac or a free standing unit is pretty comfortable in the spring and summer for trips.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm fine with my tent. But i have been thinking about up grading.
I've seen those half trailer half camper things. Pretty neat setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm fine with my tent. But i have been thinking about up grading.
I've seen those half trailer half camper things. Pretty neat setup.

they really are great, they are usually also on the light side so you don't need a f-250 to pull them; i actually pull mine with the Brute on the front with my Crosstrek and it really doesn't complain much outside of literal mountain passes like going up towards gorham from CT via the national park roads and even then its still does it i just have to watch my oil temps (water and trans is always fine) after a couple of those 5-10 minute steady inclines.
i think my total weight fully loaded with the fresh water tank full is probably around 3800 (or a little more) with the ATV and a couple gas cans, i did have to put some rallitek heavy overload springs on the rear suspension but to be fair the OEM ones are shit and had something like a 100-120lb spring rate and even me sitting in the back would sink the suspension by about an inch (i weigh about 330lbs)
i have seen some ultra-lite ones as well that come in as low at 1500lbs dry weight as well so even a decent 4 dr sedan could probably pull them.
also it is nice being able to see behind you more than like with a regular box trailer, always hate that part of hauling.

that and it is nice to be able to bring real food along to cook and stick it in the fridge inside instead of eating out or relying on dry ice or something.

Reactions: Slydog

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
We get out to Bamboo as often as we can, also Hog Waller and we own into RR. Live over near Fort Myers.

Should be going for Okeetober fest, provided how closing on the new house goes and that she or I don't grenade something big up at the Dirty Deeds Bounty hole at Hog Waller the weekend of the 10th.

Reactions: SparkyPrep
21 - 40 of 42 Posts