Mud in My Blood Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
also there is a brake switch on the foot pedal that tends to get stuck from mud that i have heard on other posts. Check that and make sure its closing all the way when the pedal is not pushed. but you are right there should not be power to both wires on any of the switches when they are not being used.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The override ties into the brake switches so if there both got it will be also.the switch is actually pushed in when the brake lever is let go. My switch was lose inside it's housing causing the switch to stay open leaving the brake light on and i was able to start in gear without brakes. The switch has to plastic tabs that hold it in place and mine were broke. Just keep looking it's on there. Also check the light bulb to make sure it's ok
This seems to be my problem also. I took the cable out of its housing and manually pushed the switch in and out and the tail light worked properly, so the switch itself is working. I see the plastic tabs you are talking about, they are junk. My tabs are not broke, but they don't hold the switch in the housing tight. I'm not sure what my options are at this point. The tabs are the culprit for sure, but I'm wondering how to snug the switch into the housing...any ideas? I'm sure a new switch would have the same crappy tabs on them, so I need to find a way to snug the switch into its housing.

·
Registered
219 Posts
could try silicone or crazy glue to hold it there?

·
Registered
219 Posts
can you put something in behind it to stop it from pushing the whole thing back?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Lol i just used electric tape wrapped around the handle and switch real tight and when the rubber boot is slid back over it looks normal. Yeah i know ******* fix but it works and isn't noticeable

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow couldnt have done it without you guys. the neutral overide switch is actually inside the push button starter box on the left side under the brake handle. this ties into the brake switch lines and thus runs off of the brake switches. there are two plastic tabs that hold this nuetral overide switch flush into the starter box. my tabs had broken and when the brake lever is let go it actually pushed the whole switch assembally instead of just pushing the switch. although this wasnt noticable from looking at it, the click at the relay should be heard if this is working properly like another post had mentioned earlier. i believe this may help others in the future because these plastic tabs seem to be very weekly made. I hope i have explained exactly what was wrong for future problems if anyone doesnt understand what i mean just let me know and ill try again.
Thanks!! Used the info. Looked forever till I found your post.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts