Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Polaris magnum 425 4x4. I was wondering if you knew of any snorkel kits and clutch kits? Also if you knew of any ways to get more speed and power. All it has to be able to do is turn 25in ITP mayhems in lite and medium mud. (Also would Maxxis zillas in a 26 be better then the mayhems?);)

·
Registered
427 Posts
zilla's and mayhems in that size are practically the same.. zilla might be tad lighter, but the mayhems have a stronger build. im pretty sure you're looking at doing everything custom yourself, it is chain driven so you cant really put a clutch kit in it ( not belt drive ). search on this forum, a guy has snorkeled, custom built a lift kit, and put 28" outlaw tires on his 425 magnum.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
You can snorkel it yourself.... and RDC should have a lift kit that will work for it. A Kit for an Expediton should fit it.

And yeah, it's Cal3b.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i so i went to EPI preformance and found a clutch kit, i am loooking into the lift kit from RDC, now is there any wheels and tire in specific that would be good for mud and loose dirt

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Also what is the difference between the standard clutch belt and the severe duty one?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sorry just now seeing this....if i was u i would just stick with a stock belt on these machines. I have/had the RDC 2" and it lifted my wheeler a true 2" and i am running 27" outlaws with stock clutching and it pulls them fine so i would imagine u could pull 25s or 26s good. As far as snorkeling, ur pretty much gonna have to do ur best with the airbox. Easier way is a nutbuster style which comes straight up out of plastic from stock location. Ill post a link to my snorkel guide of how i use to have my snorkels... I now have all center snorkels but the airbox snorkel runs under gas tank and is squished so imma have to re-think it through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

And on the HD3 wheels in the 12x7, just make sure u get the 4/156 bolt pattern for front two, and 4/4 bolt pattern for rear two.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the HD3's i haven't been able to fine the 4/4 for the rear. i also will more than likely stay with the stock clutching. Ani i have figured out how i will run my snorkles i am going to do a triple pipe in a strait line that comes out in front of the handle bars where the high beam light box is the only problem is i will have to take off the speedo. :( (At least it got 12 good years of use)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

or do any of you know if it is posible to put a beadlock on a ITP Delta Steel

·
Registered
779 Posts
Go to mud throwers . com they have the wheels u want.... And i had to take my headlight out to run my snorkels where i wanted
c

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i am still running into the same problem on any sight i go to no 4/4 bolt pattern wheels so i may go with the ITP Delta Steels with a bead lock if it will fit. And yea how your snorkels are done is how i was gonna do mine a three in a strait line coming out of the high beam light box.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK now will the center cap fit over the oil res on the front and rear or will i need a spacer if so how big of a spacer will o need.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Take a look at the pic of mine above. I have all 4 caps on on mine.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I dont have any spacers on mine to fit the center cap and idk i dont have a speedometer on mine anymore .... I dont really ride tht fast anymore

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Got brake lines made today at my dads work...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea i was just wondering if the center cap would fit over the front because of how long it sticks out. Also would changing out all the chains and sprockets on the bike make it any faster. And do you have aftermarket axles and if so are they worth or if not have you had any problems with the stocks? Also do you know of anywhere i can get shocks for the front end and the swing arm or will sportsman shocks fit?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I believe the same year sportsman shocks will work.. And my stock axles held up fine to the 27s.... If the sprockets are old then it would hurt to change out chain and sprocket cause over time the chain wear those teeth out on the sprockets and will cause it to have slack....

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Well today was good. But didnt end well for the wheeler (somewhat). Found a couple weak points: rear shock cylinder snapped in half and dug into my airbox, rear chain broke, and some heatshield came off my plastics leading to a melted piece of plastic lol but hey atleast NONE of my welds broke

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok and on the 26in zillas or the 26in mayhems what do you thing would be better for water and mud. Also do you know if this bike could fit 26's with room to spare or if it needs a lift?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think it would fine with 26s and to me mayhems are more of a mud tire than the zillas. Will pull a lil harder. A guy in our group has a set and he really likes them

1 - 20 of 38 Posts