Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on an ehs intake and did the stock exhaust mod and did all the necessary carb work shimming, jetting, etc. and every time i let off the throttle i get one huge pop! like a shot gun comming out of the exhaust any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
how does it run at 1/4 3/4 and WOT

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems fine for the most part just when i let off is when i have the problem..something to do with the low speed circuit or somethin i was told perhaps idk

·
Registered
226 Posts
sometimes if you increase airflow it will backfire kurly put a swamp on his and it will backfire when he lets off the gas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i was told something like air gets trapped and causes to pop ehs racing suggested cleaning the carbs but still i dont really know how much that is gonna help idk any other ideas i will definetly consider as well

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
if it's popping and backfiring on deceleration its lean.
i wonder if moving the clip on the needle will remedy that..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so does that mean bigger jets? he said i should be pretty close with a 170/175 keihens...wheres the clip on the needle? i have the needles shimmed.....

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I done the stock exhaust mod and mine backfires every once in awhile when i let off the gas does this mean i am running lean

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i think since you say u have all that done try adjusting the air/fuel screw. that will likely help for the throttle position/situation you describe.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
should be about 2.5 turns out. try adjusting 1/2 turn at a time.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
if it's popping and backfiring on deceleration its lean.
i wonder if moving the clip on the needle will remedy that..
Raise you needle up one clip....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how do you move the needle up one clip?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
how do you move the needle up one clip?
DO you have a Dynojet kit??? if not your factory needles do not have clips.

1/8-1/4 is your pilot jet
1/4-3/4 is your needle
3/4-WOT is your main

This is the easiest way to tune your carbs. When you raise your needles it will let more gas pass through. You can shim your stock needles and it will give it more fuel as well. I have sent a few on here shims. If I have enough left I can send you some as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I have the jet kit in it I also just put a lid on my ehs intake reduces air flow a tad and protects the screen... i think it made the pops not as extreme but still makes alot of noise when decelerating. So the DJ kit has clips on the needle then or hows that get adjusted...I dont remember seeing any thing special on the needle when i went in to shim it...:thinking:​

1 - 15 of 15 Posts