Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 2009 brute force 650 computer work on a 2003 Kawasaki prairie 650 trying to check my computer and gonna use the brute force computer to see if it fixes my prairie hitting the rev limiter at 10 mph

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
If you mean the CDIs, if both are SRAs and have the same plugs, it's most likely. Rev limiters are a two-part system. The normal functions that are present at all times are the max-rpms of somewhere in the 7750 range and the reverse limiter that can be overriden with the over-ride switch. The other is inacted when the CDI detects an error from the actuator controler of which it cuts control power and enacts a low RPM limiter which we call Limp mode. If..the CDI had initiated this it will also pulse the ground connection to wither the 2/4wd or the belt light which will stop when the problem s fixed. With that said, if control power cut..and it was not done by the CDI, there may be no lights flashing but the limiter may still be initiated. In this case check for 4.2-4.7 volts at the 2/4wd switch. If none, work your way back and look for bad connectors, wires cut, bad buss connectors..even a bad pin on the controller or CDI. Lots of people put dielectric grease inside the connectors and coat the connections. If that can not get scraped-off during assembly, it can fail to connect...especially low power circuits like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts