Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my buddy just bought an 02 prairie 650 off a guy for 500$! it fell out of the back of a truck and we had to put a used rim on it and found a used gauge pod for it and its running strong. he also found a set of used itp 589's on aftermarket rims for 350$ and a 2" lift for 50$. so needless to say he's got one hell of a cheap ride on his hands. anywho...neither of us really know anything about it so i thought i'd ask the kawi pros what should be done. he said the guy he bought it off said something about a cdi module to delete the rev limiter and the reverse limiter and something about he should do away with the belt monitor thing so if you guys could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. and we are likely gonna snorkel it too.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
great deal (CONGRATS) all that info is in here just use the search tool to find the how to.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k i figured out what the KEBC is and what to do about it but i still dont know what to do about the ignition module. whats a good one to use? and when he is comming to and from a stop the belt squeals a bit. could this mean time for a new belt, or should the clutches need attention. if so what should we look for? clutches are stock. thanks again. also, what other mods are a necessity on these bikes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
k i figured out what the KEBC is and what to do about it but i still dont know what to do about the ignition module. whats a good one to use? and when he is comming to and from a stop the belt squeals a bit. could this mean time for a new belt, or should the clutches need attention. if so what should we look for? clutches are stock. thanks again. also, what other mods are a necessity on these bikes?
Dynatec

1 - 4 of 4 Posts