Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 brute force 650 sra and ive done some mods to it already. the next area im wanting to look into is the clutch. i want to put an epi maroon spring as the primary and maybe a dalton overdrive clutch cover but i dont know where to find them on the net. does anyone have any sites or links you could share?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. i just ordered an epi maroon, pink, and almond springs. that should give me more than enough choices for now. and by the way would you guys prefere the dalton overdrive clutch cover for my brute?

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
No.... I wouldn't waste my money on it.
:agreed:

You can acheive the clutching that is sutible for your riding style with primary and secondary springs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have itp terracross xds on itp c series 7 rims, i stuck with 25" tires to avoid adding too much weight

·
Riddin Dirty...
491 Posts
With those tires and the almond secondary you will be more than happy. I run 27" with an almond secondary and stock primary and it is plenty. Have fun and hang on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im prolly only gonna use the springs for the primary clutch cause i dont know how stiffer springs affect the secondary clutch. i know it has something to do with backshifting but im not sure exactly what it does.

·
Administrator
15,356 Posts
I think you will be good to go w/ the maroon in the primary & almond in the secondary, w/ only 25" tires you could have gotten by w/ the black sedonary. The almond MIGHT be too much for them but then again, you might love it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i am eventually going to go with the vfj stage 3 clutch and i thought about getting the secondary lightened to. i might go with the almond secondary cause ive heard alot of people have that spring combo and it seems to work with their applications. i also just ordered the stuff to put an oil cooler on my bike. supposed to lower the operating temps by about 25-30 degrees.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh and what belt life can i expect if i put a maroon primary on? ( dont wanna have to replace belts every few months)

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
oh and what belt life can i expect if i put a maroon primary on? ( dont wanna have to replace belts every few months)
The maroon won't hurt it at all...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dang, i just installed the maroon primary and what a difference that makes. who wouldve thought that just a spring change would make it that mean. i have my wheelie power back and i do donuts all day long. cant wait to get the engine mods done to it. thanks for the advice guys it really helped.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Told you you would like the Maroon Primary

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea its killer, just waiting on my hmf exhaust to come in so i can install everything and have it rejetted. funny thing though, when i was doing the initial test ride with the maroon primary i got thrown off. didnt expect it to have that much low end torque. lol :lol:

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
yea its killer, just waiting on my hmf exhaust to come in so i can install everything and have it rejetted. funny thing though, when i was doing the initial test ride with the maroon primary i got thrown off. didnt expect it to have that much low end torque. lol :lol:
Alot of people don't realize how much changing the primary will help your power.....even if its a small primary like the Maroon one......wait till you try a Gold,Red, and up.....you will leave the line like a NASA shuttle launching

1 - 20 of 72 Posts