Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently snorkeled my brute but, ran into a problem. I ran the fuel vent line to the handle bars and now when i trail ride fast and hard gas pukes out of the vent line. I' ve checked to make sure there are no kinks in the line and pulled the check valve off and made sure it wasn't clogged. Could the gas cap be bad, or the check valve, or maybe its the heat from the exhaust? It seems to start puking out gas when I ride fast through rough areas of the trails. It has done it when the tank is full all the way down to when it almost empty. Any suggestions would be appreciated got get it to stop before it catches on fire. By the way its an "08.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I read an article about this problem. Several owners of 08 brutes have reported this issue. I personally have not had this problem. Ill have to find the info again to see if a resolution or reason was listed. It was posted shortly after the 08's were released.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
im not had any prob with my 08 puking gas.. i have my vents ran up then turnd them back down. so that might b y

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Don't know?? Are you sure you have the check valve turned the right way? You should be able to blow air through the check valve in the direction of the tank very easily but to blow air through the valve away from the tank is very hard. I know that sounds crazy but it the best way i know how to explain it.

Could just be a bad valve from the factory. You might have been having this problem before snorkeling it and not realized it since the gas was flowing into the frame before.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
^^ That sounds like a good place to start.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Made sure its pointing the right direction. But you could be right about it doing it for a while before I snorkeled it. Does anybody got an extra check valve sitting around. Have checked price from kawi but I bet its atleast $40 for a cheap piece of plastic.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
you can probably get a check valve from a hardware store.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
isnt a PCV valve a check valve? goes only 1 way.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
pcv valve is also a one way vavle.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is there an update to this situation? My 06 was doing this last weekend. I was slightly concerned due to the gas dripping directly on to the exhaust pipe.:bigeyes:

·
Parkin Lot Pimpin
205 Posts
What mods are done to you bike. I heard someone say that it happened to them one time, the heat from the exhaust and the gas cap being on to tight Caused presure in the tank and made the gas flow up the vent tube but don't quote me on this. If anyone needs the check valve pm me your adress I will get you the one off my 09. It's brand new and I never used it, I just ran a hose from the tank to the pod.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I got one too . if you need(want)it let me know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts