Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 750 and ive been worried about water getting in the pull start is this something to be concerned with and if so who makes a shield are how do i?

·
Registered
127 Posts
when it gets it dont worry it goes no where but if you want put some rtv around it and then some on the pull cord and you will be fine

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I seen an 06 Model Brute with an 08 pull starter cover in it...atleast that is what the guy said.....Is that really possible or was he shooting me a line of BS??? I haven't even thought about it or even looked into it...LOL!

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I have one on my 07. To me it is something to worry about, the pull start fills with mud, wears out the seal and then your exposing your crankcase to mud and water. You can order one for an 08 from your local dealer or online at any of the oem places for cheap.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Cool...I will get me one at work this evening...

·
Registered
127 Posts
whats up with the 08 pull start? does it not leak or something?? anyone got a pic?

·
Team BS
757 Posts
whats up with the 08 pull start? does it not leak or something?? anyone got a pic?
they dont have a pull start. they have a cover that goes in the place of it.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yeah we do :)

get that cover. as HeadC1 said water can get in over time thru that seal (for you guys with a pull start)

they don't sell em for nothing!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I found one on bikebandit.com for a 08 750, about 12.00 for the cover and 6.00 for the gasket.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
sounds good there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so the 08 cover will fit over the pulley on the end of the crank without having to remove it

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
For all the good my pull start does I might as well cut the rope and seal it with silicone.
I thought about that....:thinking::rockn:

·
Team BS
396 Posts
so the 08 cover will fit over the pulley on the end of the crank without having to remove it

No you will have to remove the pulley. Atleast I did on mine, but when I got my bike the guy gave me a metal cover. I ordered the one from bikebandit for my wife's bike and it is plastic, may stick out further. I'll check tonight and let you know for sure.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No you will have to remove the pulley. Atleast I did on mine, but when I got my bike the guy gave me a metal cover. I ordered the one from bikebandit for my wife's bike and it is plastic, may stick out further. I'll check tonight and let you know for sure.
did you just remove the bolt and pulley are did you put the bolt back:banghead:

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I put the bolt back and I forgot to look last night to make sure the plastic cover from bikebandit fit over the pulley or not.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed the 08 pull start cover with some rtv did not need to remove pulley are bolt seems to seal great and cost under $10

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i had a little bit of sand in mine ive just got to much invested not to do this simple fix i saw my buddies honda motor start smoking because of this so i wouldn't chance it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts