Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experimenting with old hot rod tricks i learned as a child on my P650 ...Some work some dont . So here is my question on the intake manifold of my Prairie there is a plugged vent on each manifold is the same plugged vent on a brute manifold ? never really paid that much att. to the work quad and it sleeps in atlanta so i cant check it . If it does I have a freebie (like .50 cents) mod for you too :bigok:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I found this mod one time that i now can not find.
it was a tube that joined the intakes on the kawie v-twins. said it allowed both cylinders to take advantage of both carbs. not just limit 1 carb to each cylinder.
it was dyno proven to gain 6 hp. some racing guy invented it.

·
Banned
384 Posts

It's the MS mod , won't work on 650i/750i brutes without custom intakes. The stock boots are to short.

Is this what you were talking about hondarecoveryman?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yeah that's it! that's what i was talking about.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kinda but on a smaller scale on my P650 I used a piece of vaccum line to join the two manifolds together it helped a little but prob not as much as that intake system STOGI found. It solved the cold stumble that my Prairie had seems to run a little smoother as well See that little cap on the right hand intake boot in the pic? thats where i joined mine at

1 - 6 of 6 Posts