Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I want to make an upgrade to my 08 brute force 750,

I want to ask for recomendations because i´m on a budget

I want a slip on pipe, a Fuel Injection controller, probably an air filter and spring for the clutch.

I have ITP 14´s 27 XTR, Bison front and rear bumper, kawasaki rear cargo box, kolpin 4 gallon fuel tank in front rack, and I ride mostly in trails and in low level rivers, NO MUD AT ALL, AND NO SUBMERGING THE BIKE IN WATER.

I want to know which color springs for primary and secondary, and if the hmf optimizer is good with the slip on hmf utility, and also if I need an air filter.

I have been reading that the PCIII is the best but is more expensive, so please if someone has used the hmf optimizer please tell me if it works well, thanks

I appreciatte very much all the help you can give me

regards

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
maroon primary, and black or almond secondary, both from EPI.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
If your just trailing, I'd leave the clutch set up OEM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have HMF pipe and Optimizer works good IMO, But im also gonna leave my motor stock as long as i can..

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it´s not just regular trails, I ride most of the time in difficult access roads, big rocks, mountains with steep roads, eventually some water

this was a ride of last weekend and that´s why I want more torque, you can see the RZR and then it´s me in the BF

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Torque was not the problem there you were just out classed the razr is longer,wider,and heavier than your brute! that looked like it was pretty slick anyway

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I would get atleast an Almond secondary....

·
Lord and Master
118 Posts
If you want bottom end snap and torque then the best mod IMO is an EPI clutch kit. The Brute is clutched well stock but this kit locks up and pulls HARD. You will lose top end speed though. I top out at around 90 km/h. The pipe made a small difference (mostly sound) but the PCIII made a big difference. They are tuned lean for emmisions, once you add some fuel the engine wakes right up. On a tight budget I would suggest the clutch kit first then the PCIII then the pipe (they do sound great).:rockn:

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
That looks more like a grip issue than clutches.

Chances are if you had more tourque there, you'd be on you azz backwards.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
thats crazy! :rockn:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts