Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I got bored at work and drew this, its based off of some pictures Steve sent me he found. Now I just need to slap some dimensions on it and I'll post them on the website under How To's...

Sorry for the quality, the only way I know how to make it so ya'll can all view my .dwg is to export to a .jpg and it gets grainy in the process.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have that much time left at work......... :D It's not a 3d model just a section view. I rekon I can make a 3D model though, or draw the other views. Just dont expect them by 5pm.. ;)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
no hurry. I feel like a few of us on here are all thinkin about/plannin this at the same time, so it may help. I'm hopin to start buildin the brackets for mine next week

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

3D of the brackets... I'm faster than I thought... ;) I guess drawing in 3D is like riding a bike.... :rockn:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
You guys are something else man...That's nice work. :rockn:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
u gonna do that cross bar on the front for reinforcement?

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u gonna do that cross bar on the front for reinforcement?
I dont think you need it really, the radiator is going to act as the same. I dunno would just have to put it together and see how stiff it was.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I dont think you need it really, the radiator is going to act as the same. I dunno would just have to put it together and see how stiff it was.
Same thing I thought. If it's good and tight, there shouldnt be a problem with it wobblin' side to side. Who know's though, til it's all assembled

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i'll be doing this THIS COMING WEEKEnd!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts

one mine we used 2 cross peices and welded angle iron on top of the square tubing this is done so the radiator kinda floats inside the frame I kinda get alittle wild every once and awhile when the frame is on the front it should protect the radiator if i lay it over if anyone has any ? give me a shout

·
Team BS
757 Posts
i just cut the stock brackets off the bumper for the bottom taps and welded them to the rack. then welded some bars goin up wit the ends flattened and bent to the angle of the radiator for the top mount.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hmmm, got me thinking again, looks pretty simple to do

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont have a cross member on mine and it does not move at all. I used two L brackets that I bought at Lowes and just bent the angles I needed and it works fine.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i relocated my radiator today.

here's the brackets we made today

I'll have a full writeup in the kawasaki how-to area shortly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey phreebsd were you having any overheating problems before you did the radiator?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yep. when i would hop in the bogs then hit the trails it would overheat. :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah that happend to me the first week i had my lift and 30'' on. alot more stress

1 - 20 of 28 Posts