Mud in My Blood Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts
:popcorn:

Sorry, had too.

:popcorn:

Sorry, had too.
...:pat: Wonder if he finaly got it

By the way...I was wrong on the switch providing the ground, it actualy makes or breaks power...not ground.. to the fan on the 05s - 07s. Guess I should review the manual more often...sorry guys. Here is the circut.

Ok, to so sum it up:

05-07 Brutes:

- Take the 2 wires from the sensor in the rad and jumper them together. (If you do that your fan will run all the time.)
- If you want the fan to run when you want it to, wire in a switch between the 2 wires. If your temperature sensor is working correctly, the fan will still come on when the coolant gets hot enough.

08+ Brutes:

- tap into a +12VDC source (usually the accessory plug is the closest and easiest) run that wire from the +12V source to one side of the switch, and then from the other side of the switch to the blue wire that goes to the fan.
- This way you can turn the fan on whenever you want, but it will still kick in when the coolant gets hot enough.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit.

And please people, fill out your signature so we can avoid any future confusion and to give you correct information the first time!

Just a quick question-I wired my switch in this way but my temp switch doesnt make the fan come on. I can jump from one side to the other (bypassing the temp switch) and it works. Do you think my temp switch is bad?

Just a quick question-I wired my switch in this way but my temp switch doesnt make the fan come on. I can jump from one side to the other (bypassing the temp switch) and it works. Do you think my temp switch is bad?
Yeap sounds like the temp switch is bad if you can jump it and it works. I just had to replace mine not long ago. Easy to replace just screw one out and screw the new one in.

One more question to confuse everyone.. is the diagram for the 08+ for the 750i Fuel Injected models? is that why it's wired differently?

reason I ask is because the 650i is still carbed, and looks like the 05-07 wiring diagram.. Trying to clear up confusion for people with 650i models..

One more question to confuse everyone.. is the diagram for the 08+ for the 750i Fuel Injected models? is that why it's wired differently?

reason I ask is because the 650i is still carbed, and looks like the 05-07 wiring diagram.. Trying to clear up confusion for people with 650i models..
The one I posted first and tempsho added the switch is for the 05-07s which should be the same as the 650s. Tempsho's other one is for the 08s + 750s fuel enjected.

OK. I am tard I know. I have an 06 650i. I took the 2 wires off of the temp sensor(mounted on radiator). I put a switch in between those 2 wires (bypassing the temp sensor). When I want the fan on I turn the switch on. When I want it off I flip switch off. Will this work? Reason I am trying to clarify is I just had my wiring harness go into meltdown on Saturday. And I am not sure what caused it.

OK. I am tard I know. I have an 06 650i. I took the 2 wires off of the temp sensor(mounted on radiator). I put a switch in between those 2 wires (bypassing the temp sensor). When I want the fan on I turn the switch on. When I want it off I flip switch off. Will this work? Reason I am trying to clarify is I just had my wiring harness go into meltdown on Saturday. And I am not sure what caused it.
The answer is...yes. But you do know that without the sensor, it will not come on without you turning the switch on at all. Something better to do in my opinion is to just leave the wires on the sensor, and "T" the two up to a switch so the sensor will still have normal control, and you have the option to bypass at any time.

The answer is...yes. But you do know that without the sensor, it will not come on without you turning the switch on at all. Something better to do in my opinion is to just leave the wires on the sensor, and "T" the two up to a switch so the sensor will still have normal control, and you have the option to bypass at any time.
Do it this way!!! Because this weekend, while riding, my manual fan switch malfunctioned. If I didn't still have the sensor wired in, I would have run hot. It's a good idea to leave the factory sensor intact and just add your manual switch to it. Those $3 switchs will go bad.

hate to beat a dead horse but I wired mine into my low beam lights so my fan runs when I cut my lights on

. < see that dot my signature starts below/behind it

2006 ARCTIC CAT 400FIS
29.5 SKINNYS
JUG GOING OFF FOR BB SOON
NO LIFT SOON TO BE 2.5
15" GROUND CLEARANCE
EXHAUST MOD WITH SWAMP PIPE
SNORKED AND RACKED

Is there a benefit to doing it that way?

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.