Mud in My Blood Forum banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts
Brute-Al,I'd go back to post #47,and recheck the 08 - 11 brute wiring schematic,and recheck your wiring with a volts dc meter- sounds like you have a crossed wire - I'd start at the acc plug wires.We all take for granted that people are using a meter to test.

Thanks Dman66. When I checked the voltage the acces wire had 12v (14v running). The load wire had 12v when switch is activated. The load wire also had 12v without the switch on when auto temp was on. And no voltage with switch and auto temp off. I tried two different grounding sources (frame and acces plug ground) both with same results. I will be looking at the switch more closely. Not sure what else can be tested.
I will be tearing it back apart this spring when I do the snorkels. I will look more into it then and try any suggestions that come up.
Thanks again.

No problem - Also when I installed my switch,I went with a lighted toggle rated at 30 amp,but the 20amp ones I installed before the 30 amp,they would all crap out.I found out that water was getting in the switch mainly from washing the quad after rides - inside the switches I took apart had lots of corrosion from moisture - maybe that's what you are encountering.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.