Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i fully snorkeled my rancher and everything is sealed tight and i ran my vent lines. i took it in some water (a little under my racks), it cut off and when i checked my oil it looked like muddy water. where could there be a leak at and how can so much water get in my oil?

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
so i fully snorkeled my rancher and everything is sealed tight and i ran my vent lines. i took it in some water (a little under my racks), it cut off and when i checked my oil it looked like muddy water. where could there be a leak at and how can so much water get in my oil?
I don't know man but you missed something...something that may well cause the loss of that engine.

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
Look for anything...any ports on the engine..crankcase vent,..anything. Also keep in mind when you dunk something like a hot engine or differential or gear case in cold water it contracts and makes internal vacuum. If the breathers can't or won't allow for this that vacuum will pull water in through the shaft seals so make sure all vent tubes are open, no pinches and can breath easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts