Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a lot owner there and would like to extend the invite if any one would like to ride. Its about 2000 acres of mud and trails. Let me know.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speedman, There is alot of water there right now. When it starts to dry up alittle bit there are some fun slippery holes. There are some vids on youtube. Its nothing like the videos now. Its an association now and the cops are keeping people out. You have to be a member an/or lot owner to legally be out there. Its nice and quit.

Kodiak, Thats a long ride.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
dirty brutes i got a crew of 4-5 easily that can make a trip on a saturday or something if you want.....im about 1.5 hrs south of ya now but i dont wanna make a trip to get ran out by cops if it is legit we can plan something

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a lot owner there. You would be my guest. No problems with the law as long as you are with me. Let me know and we can set it up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
where is it in comparisson to holopaw? we live in hobe sound and we go to holopaw all the time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to sure where Holopaw is. If you know where Lakeland is, its north on 98 from I4. At the polk and pasco county line. Intersection of 98 and 54.
Hope that helps. Would love to ride Holopaw some time as well if possible. Is that suburban estates?

·
Rather b Dirty than Purty
388 Posts
I'll be there about 1:00 this afternoon.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Me and my wife rode with you and 3 other guys not to long ago. I remember that bike. We will be out there tomorrow morning for a ride.

·
388 Posts
Rode yesterday....perfect weather as it rained all morning, let up about noon and then stayed overcast till around 5:30...as always plenty of mud and gobs of deep water holes. The river was perfect for downstream riding.

P.S. I believe I counted 4 other riders besides our party of 4. The association has really been effective in curtailing unwanted people and trash dumpers. I'll admit, I was skeptical about the whole thing at first, but it seems to be working.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We had a good ride today as well. We had a party of 9 today and only saw one other person. He is a lot owner also. Glad we are seeing progress but believe there is alot more work ahead for the association. Let me know and we will hook up out there if you'd like.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We can make it happen. PM me with a number and we can set it up. Where do you live?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband and I use to go out to Rancho all the time till people started leaving their junk and the law got involved. We live in Brooksville and miss going out there, it sucks that people have no respect for the land. I took some amazing video there as well. How's the water levels been with all the rain we've been having?

·
388 Posts
Lots of water and lots of MUD!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have not been out there in a couple weeks. There was plenty of water then. Heard the creek is the widest it has been in forever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum not sure if I am doing it right.. lol
We have a group of about 10 that love to ride and mud we used to
go to Rancho every weekend for years until they shut it down.. We would love to have access to it again and saw your post about owning a lot can you let me know how we can go without getting in trouble? Thanks

·
388 Posts
Went for about 5 hours yesterday...even more water than before. The river was a challenge to get across as the current was swift. I got way back in the very challenging mud spots all the locals know about and it was under water. Eased in near a big oak tree root an nose dived 4' down in a hole! Nearly threw me over the handlebars! I never travel alone so my buddy following me was able to winch the Brute out. I think I could've gone forward and floated her across to where I was headed but with the Brute nearly 90 degrees vertical, discretion was the better part of valor. The main thing is no one was hurt and no equipment damage. Been going to Rancho for years and it never ceases to amaze me how much different it is every time you go.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts