Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the site and its time for my first question. How many times did you all have to adjust your rear brakes (handle bars) before they stayed right? I bet I have adjusted them half a dozen times in 200 miles. Its on a 08 bf 750 is the cable stretch that bad or what?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i adjusted mine once on both the prairie 360 and the brute. both have held up.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I've never had to adjust mine. The engine brake does most of the work anyways so i rarely even use the brakes.

I will add that what little i use the back brake i can tell it has no where near the stopping power of the front brakes but i would contribute this to the design of it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i never had problems with my brakes but my brake light is always on, like I'm ridin my brakes...Use to be able to jam on the foot brake a couple of times and it would go off but that don't work anymore!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
maybe your foot switch is hung up. Tap on it with a screwdriver.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
My brakes are wonderful compared to my old Foreman and it's so called 'sealed drums'.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Mine were chatternig and turned about 1/2 turn at the rear, but that's it.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Do you use them a lot?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I do... our farm for the most part is a big hill. I just just wouldn't think the brakes would wear that fast.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
According to Kawasaki the seal rear wet brake is suppose to last longer then your ATV should.

Is your engine brake working correctly?

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Iv had to adjust mine a lot to but I think that's because dynamite them!! I now use the foot one the same way and no problem yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the engine brake works like a charm. A little to good sometimes.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
The only time I have had to adjust mine was when I just replaced the rear brake cable. The original seized up and I could not free it up.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have adjusted mine maybe 4 times,but yesterday when I went to put the brake on the cable snapped,right at the hand lever,guess its time to learn how to put a brake cable on !!!!

·
jacked up
229 Posts
My brakes are wonderful compared to my old Foreman and it's so called 'sealed drums'.
^^ I got one that the back brake locks up on it also (foreman that is) now i just use the dang gears:haha:

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I will add that what little i use the back brake i can tell it has no where near the stopping power of the front brakes but i would contribute this to the design of it.
It works 100 times better in 4wd it slows all 4 tires then like a old school polaris! ...I found this out the hard way ,went to slide the quad around...:eek:only thing sliding was me:haha:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts