Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the process of replacing rear seal on o8 brute can't get the drive shaft out. I've heard that you just slide the drive shaft together sounds simple is mine just stuck or do I need a bigger hammer

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
It does collapse back into itself mine was a Bee-otch the first time I done it too. Squirt some WD-40 or some PB Blaster in where the small shaft goes in the larger and keep working it. It will eventually give.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I tried the WD-40 still aint off I'll keep at it thanks for the tip

·
Registered
378 Posts
is it easier for one side or they pop off the same time?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Did you roll the rubber rings off the rubber boots?

Mine would not move till i took the rings and boots lose. Then it slid together very easy.

·
Registered
378 Posts
got the rubber loose , I can get both sides just about to where it looks like it gonna slide off, will keep on trying. I guess being the first time in 300 hrs making it a little hard to get apart?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Could be. Its possible some dirt has gotten in there and is stopping it from collapsing all the way. Just keep trying.

When i took mine out ( rear shaft) i pushed the shaft away from the engine in the direction of the rear end.

·
Registered
378 Posts
yeah plenty of dirt, have been squirting wd-40 where it slides together and its gradually working more and more loose as dirts runs out .

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I took a hammer and pry-bar after it. Gentle taping it to collapse

·
Registered
378 Posts
got it :aargh4:

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Don't worry about that washer thing when it falls out. The dimple faces the spring to center it. just don't loose it. Mine fell out and rolled towards the drain in the floor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still beating on mine done used one can of WD-40 it aint moving

1 - 13 of 13 Posts