Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here. I wrecked my brute force today and broke the rear right spindle. Do they make a better replacement? Because it seemed like mine just snapped right off very easily. But for now I'm looking for a used one, but am unable to post in the classified section. If anyone has one please message me. Thank you.

·
7,389 Posts
There have been some attempts to make steel ones but not sure where that ended-up. For now the 09+ are said to be a little better then the previous years. There are a number of people parting-out Brutes here. Shouldn't be much of a problem finding one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is my fix from another thread...has held up ok so far...
A fix to hopefully mimimize the chances for future knuckle failure. 3/16 flat bar (1/8" would probably be enuff) to tuffin things up a bit.

I need to also mention that this was not a direct bolt up and go (what fun would that be!)..I had to cut a very slite notch in the front and back side of both the upper and lower a-arms so that the flat bar would fit flush. You can see the notch in the pics if you look close. The little slivers of metal on the floor in the second pic are what I removed. Also gotta have a nylon type washer between the knuckle and the flat bar (4 washers per side) so things still articulate ok.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts