Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll save you some trouble, if your bearings/bushings need replaced on your a arms then buy the All Balls racing upgrade kit for both upper and lower a arms (part number 50-1059 or similar). I only had one upper that was real bad so I was just going to replace that one but then decided to do them all while I had them out. I have the whole front end torn apart anyway so I might as well do everything (so far I have the a arms rebuilt, All Balls racing tie rod upgrade kit installed, new wheel bearings and all new ball joints installed, new front axles and seals and i rejetted both carbs using the Dobeck Performance SAFR O2 readings).

You will still have to beat out the old bushing and bearings (which was a major pain on mine - once again due to being mudded, I spent a few hours messing with them and ruined a long 3/8” extension and one socket from all the pounding with a 3 pound mallet. Yes, it took all of that to get the old ones out, it was a pain) but the delrin bushings go back in so no pounding new bearings and bushings in and no snap rings. The kit comes with a steel “bar” with a delrin bushing for each end (upper and lower) and once you have the old ones out the new kit goes in within a few seconds.

·
Administrator
15,381 Posts
Lot's of people in the past have switched to the AB bushings. They always seemed to be a quality product. I haven't kept up w/ any of that over the last 8 or so years though
unfortunately.

·
7,404 Posts
Lot's of people in the past have switched to the AB bushings. They always seemed to be a quality product. I haven't kept up w/ any of that over the last 8 or so years though
unfortunately.
They are good for about 2500 miles then they will need replaced again even with greasing. The permanent fix is to buy the 2012+ a-arms and bushings which are rubber like a car's. No one has had to replace any of them yet...and if they ever do, they are only about 15 bucks ea. I did a vid on the uppers a while back..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fortunately I only use my Brute a couple times a year for hunting so I will never get to 2500 miles.I wish I had an area to use it more but I do not at the current time. I’m just glad I didn’t have to pound the OEM bushings/bearings back in, I’m sick of dealing with bearings and bushings.

·
7,404 Posts
Fortunately I only use my Brute a couple times a year for hunting so I will never get to 2500 miles.I wish I had an area to use it more but I do not at the current time. I’m just glad I didn’t have to pound the OEM bushings/bearings back in, I’m sick of dealing with bearings and bushings.

Yeah I hear you. My factories lasted 400 miles and I replaced them with another set of OEs and installed grease zerks.. which lasted all of 500 miles then I replaced all with what you did except from ASR. Those uppers lasted another 2500. I got sick of replacing them so I forked-out the cost of upper 2013 a-arms and bushings leaving in the lower a-arms with the still-good ASR bushings. That was it. Sold it at 5600 miles and all was still tight and solid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts