Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 brute force 750 that I rebuilt after a friend sunk it. It snapped a rod from hydrolocking. I tore cases apart inspecting all bearings and gears replaced rod. Put a brand new 11.5 to 1 high compression top end on the bike. I adjusted all the valves keeping intakes at .004 and exhaust at .008. After getting back together I have to just barely hold the idle to keep it running and if held around the 2-3000rpm range it coughs. I already assumed i would need a programmer so bought a PCV fuel injection module and downloaded a few different maps trying them out and even adding a little more fuel on the low end but i there is no difference in power. I siphoned all the old gas put new 93 octane gas in with a small amount of seafoam. The bike comparably has as much power as my 350 rancher right now. I went back and checked the compression and with the throttle wide open on a slightly warm engine compression was just a little over 200 on both cylinders. I can barely get the bike over 40 mph. when i pulled the plug on front cylinder you can tell its running on the lean side and after about 10 minutes of riding around the temp light comes on. The belt seemed to be a little lose but it is not throwing the sensor and the nothing is gl***ed. I'm pretty new to brutes and I know its common to run hot especially with HC pistons, but I know they should have a good amount of power and that is what is really lacking.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Valves were still sealing so I never tore into the heads, valves started sticking today to the point they were kissing the piston. I tore rear head off and pulled exhaust valves to find they were both bent most likely from when it hydrolocked. Finally got new valves in. Bike is still acting the same way. coughing at low idle and has low power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts