Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4i
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Brand new to the forum and really like seeing the community helping each other out. That being said, I have a bit of a head scratcher.

Just recently put a security system on my mudder that has remote start and kill switch features. Anyone able to tell me if this is possible?

2010 Brute Force 750 4x4i

Thanks in advance! (y)

·
Administrator
15,560 Posts
I've never heard of anyone doing that on an ATV. But it sounds cool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
sure, just need to put in bypass circuits to cut out the key from the ignition circuit and to trigger the start solenoid. past that you will likely need a tach wire to tell the remote start brain that the engine is in fact running. and if you really want the kill switch relay (cutting the ignition circuit power should stop it just the same) you will need one more NO 12v relay to disconnect the main power of the ignition coils when it does not have power from either the ignition circuit or the remote start brain.
last bit is to connect the brain's gear shift input to the N light so it recognizes its not in gear then just snip the wire on the brain to tell it to run in manual transmission mode.
after that the brain will just treat it like an old non-immobilizer equipped manual car and just look for the tach output to confirm its been started and cut the key power when it goes to stop it.

if you are looking at doing this i can help out and sell you the parts if you don't have them already, i'm actually a dealer/installer for compustar remote start systems; i can get other brands as well just shoot over what you're looking for in a pm and i can see if my distributor carries then and for how much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts