Mud in My Blood Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I am sorry that I have not been able to keep much of an eye on this thread. As P425 stated I am in Singapore. I was originally slated to return home 28 July but it looks like my stay here has been extended for 3 or 4 more weeks. I promise as soon as I get home this is very near the top of my priority list. Below only my beautiful wife and two daughters. I am still very hopeful that this pump will be able to be modded to work and every chance I get while over here I am doing research on aftermarket fuel pump choices for the Brutes. When I get home I AM going to make this work. And after I figure out everything that needs to be done to make these pumps work I will let everybody here know FIRST. Then in a couple of months I am going to go and get my 'Gade 1000X!!! :flames:

We decided to try this on my dad's brute. We bought the equivalent pump to the one yall stated from Napa, it was too tall and we had to modify the factory plastic housing to fit it in and then had to make a spacer for the top of the tank due to the pump being too tall. We cranked it but it would not run. Its a 45 psi pump so I assumed it was getting too much fuel, it was also getting hot while trying to keep it running, seemed lean but could have been from excess fuel burn off. We bought a pressure regulator with a return line and a fuel pressure gauge. I'm going to hook them up today. My question is there is spot for a vacuum line to reduce pressure at idle, can I use the factory vacuum line ports that are in the heads? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Any place between the throttle bodies and the intake to the head would work for a vacuum line.
I knew that any pump delivering more than the maximum pressure of 43.5 psi would causle problems with it running right. The fuel injectors are programmed to open for a determined time according to the ECU's map. The ECU can't compensate for a higher pressure on the injectors because it's assuming that you are running 43 psi. The extra pressure will put in more fuel per squirt plain and simple. The problem with the fuel injected brutes is they are basically a "dumb system". It is not looking at fuel mixture in the exhaust so it can not compensate for any changes in (out of OEM equipment sensors). Since I have not taken one of the original fuel pump modules apart yet I couldn't tell you how the original system regulates pressure. Although from what you have described it is obviously in the fuel pump itself.

On a side note I remember something in the service manual that explained how to sync the two throttlebodies, so there should be a vacuum port on both sides I would assume.

Good luck!

Thanks for this. Got my tank mod done today. Hope to see if it cleans out better soon.

I just bought a fuel pump from a company called CNT racing on amazon .
This weekend I will be replacing my pump since I have had problems with mine. Thanks for the write up!

Changed out the pump yesterday and changed plugs while I was at it. For the most part it fixed the hesitation. But it still would not prime the pump once when turning on the key. I replaced all the main fuses a while ago with waterproof ones so I know That's not the problem. I heard the relay click but no fuel pump.
Does that mean a wire problem between the relay and fuel pump?

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.