Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Replacment cooling fan

24K views 62 replies 26 participants last post by  blue beast 
#1 · (Edited)
O'riellys 10" electric fan made by Proform. Part # 67010

Cost $53.40 + tax :wiggle:

Kawi replacement fan $296.26 + shipping :nutkick:

This fan is a perfect fit and is actually about 2" wider in diameter than the stock and has ten blades compared to 4 blades on the stock fan. If I was to give an educated guestmation it pulls 2.5 times as much air as the stock fan.

#2 ·
How about the wiring?
Do you just splice the wires together?

#3 ·
Yep... The black is ground and the blue positive. I used spade connectors on mine so It can be unplugged when needed. Matter of fact I had to do away with the stock plug on the fan circuit a while back because it went bad . I was having all kinds of problem with the stock wiring on the fan circuit so I rewired the whole thing from the battery to the fan back to the ground.

#4 ·
this sounds like a worthy and cheap UPGRADE. More air/larger diameter = more and quicker cooling.
Heck I'm going to do this when I relocate my radiator for sure.

Another question... how does the new fan mount to the radiator?

#5 ·
It utilizes a nylon zip tie type mount that sticks through the fins on the rad. The mounting hardware that contacts the rad has a wide footprint so it won't damage the rad. The fan is super light ,lighter than stock, so your radiator won't be supporting much weight at all.

#6 ·
thanks for the info. I'll be doing this and taking full pictures for documentation.

#7 ·
Super cool...pun intended.

Thats great info Stogi. Hurry up and do the upgrade and take pics phreebsd. That way the info don't get pushed back and forgotten about.:biggthumpup:

#10 ·
It'll get documented. We're making a whole weekend soon to do it all!

#13 ·
I'm ready for this one. With the heating problems the brute "seems" to have more airflow gonna help a lot. Though when my stock fan cut on it only did so for 20 seconds or so. I bet that new one runs even less.

#16 ·
Some one should do the temp gauge mod before this one.And get some temp readings then add the new fan and see if it helps. Or i guess you could test it with out a temp gauge by letting it idle till the fan comes on and time how long it takes to cool it down enough for the fan to go off.then repeat the process with the new fan added.

#17 ·
i will try to work this in when we do the big mod list on muh br00t!

#18 ·
The fact its so cheap compared to stock is great if your needing a replacement but it would be really cool if it had a cooling advantage to it as well.

#19 ·
I actually found a universal 10'' fan on e-bay for like 25.00!!! hey it works much better not sure on temp readings but the fan used to run constantly after about a hour of slow riding now it only runs about 2 mins and cuts back off for a while so i assume it cools better stock fan was 8'' with four blades new one is 10'' with 10 blades

#23 ·
may have to do it myself. even after putting a fan switch on and letting it run from start up, my temp light still flashed yesterday...

this is really starting to **** me off to no end.

by the time im done this thing will have nickel and dimed me so much i should have just got the HL radiator.

#26 ·
will the high lifter radiator stop the over heat issue or will the new fan with a switch do it.i will by the hl radiator if it will fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.