Mud in My Blood Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts
I did it on my wifes 08 brute!! I will post up some pics!! I put it on in the middle of the trail. Real easy to do!!

Hey guys we put a procomp 10" fan part # 2051s on my buddys 06 750 and 3 holes lined up perfectly we just had to space it away from the rad a wee bit. So far its great its only been 2 weeks though. I paid $50 for it through where i work....i will let yas all know if any probs.

Anybody have pics after they put this fan on? I just got a new 2010 750 never rode it yet and i am thinking about switching the fan out. I have already done the temp gauge. Any suggestions should I go on and switch the fan out?

I dont know that i would change it just to change it... this was just a cheaper alternative to OEM Replacements in case it burnt up.... lol

I dont know that i would change it just to change it... this was just a cheaper alternative to OEM Replacements in case it burnt up.... lol
X2. And to move more air, it costs something, mostly more amps. The Brute OEM fan works fine...until it gets warn out or filled with water.

All is well with two months of ridin with procomp fan.. it seems to run for a lot less time than my oem. and no heat probs at all. It even went in the drink a few times. I give it a thumbs up.

After market fan for the brute?

I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT DOING THE AFTER MARKET FAN ON MY BRUTE. I WANNA KNOW FROM U GUYS WHO HAVE DONE THIS IS IT WORTH IT ? HOW MUCH COOLER DOES IT KEEP IT ? AND WHERE OR WHICH ONE IS THE BEST? THANKS:thinking:

fan

I put on a 10"fan this past weekend.The 10" fan is the best fit size.yes it makes a difference! I went to pep boys and for 50.00 i got a Hayden fan. I ordered one before that about a week and half ago - still not here. If you want it, 30.00 plus shipping? Its not a Hayden, but should be a good one.

UPDATE : 11/7/14 : My Hayden fan crapped out after 6 months , but the ebay bought procomp 26 dollar fan equivalent to the Hayden has been going strong for the last 2 years . I have a new warranty Hayden fan waiting in a box in case the cheap reliable fan ever gives out . I also wired my 30 amp. toggle switch to activate a separate relay to turn on/off the fan.The separate relay was installed because my toggle switch contacts kept going bad. This way the switch should not burn up the switch contacts anymore because the relay contacts now take the amperage of the fan.

I kno its some where but is the wireing pretty straight forward? I already have a manual fan switch

fan

I have one comming in the mail,should be here today. I could'nt wait and bought another,soooo if you want ,I'll sell it for I believe it was 26.00 dollars. You pay shipping. Same one from e-bay

does anyone know the amp draw on a stock fan ? i see the 12 inch has 8.8 amp draw any need for a new relay?

My manual says the fan breaker is a 20amp. So, as long as you stay well under that you should be fine. I have a friend that put an aftermarket super fan on his and it pulled around 6amps. No issues. Others put some that got from the auto parts stores in the 12 amp range...still no problems.

Need help, i bought the pro comp 10" fan . Cant get it to line up right. The bottom is a good fit with the tabs that snap in,the top 2 are in the radiator fins. Any ideas ?? Should i just use the zip tie mounts that come with the fan. I can center the fan on the radiator and use 4 of them . But it will be right against the fins, Or should i make a new mounting surface that gets it away from the fins a bit

-Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk-

As long as the fan blades do not contact the radiator fins, that will be fine. That's how I mounted mine. My fan shroud covered the front of the fan too do it was no problem.

Thanks 2010Bruterider , im gonna spin it by hand to see if it contacts the fins before i mount it then

Got it on and full of antifreeze . Now to finish it out tomorrow . Gotta button all back down

Editing.. All is good ,fan is awesome. I bought the procomp 10". Got everything back together. Comes on and off flawlessly, and cools way better and faster.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.