Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting this out to let you guys know that the upgraded backing plates are ready to be shipped. but due to a computer failure, i have lost most of your address, so i would like for you to send me a p/m or call 6012013573 to give me your address, thanks for your patience

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
PM SENT....Thanks Bud.

·
Registered
498 Posts
pm'd... thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Does this manual 4x4 bypass everything to make it engage? If it does that will best thing to do if having actuator problems.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Yes it is a cable-operated system...completely replaces the factory 4wd actuator thats on the side of the diff, 4wd is engaged/disengaged with a lever that gets mounted through your left side plastic. Heres what it looks like, I painted the white plastic housing with black krylon plastic paint...sticks excellent.

-Killing Time Using Tapatalk-

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is this instant 4x4 or you still need to be able to roll to engage

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Instant, the second the lever is pulled out of 2wd position its locked in.

·
Registered
498 Posts
yes this would be a solution to any 4x4 prob as you make it go into 4x4 or 2wd not tell something electric to do it for you and it's instant 4x4 you can shift from a dead stop or rolling and it shifts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Instant, the second the lever is pulled out of 2wd position its locked in.

Its manual just like a honda. No rolling to engage. If its in 4wd its in i promise lol. Rmaxx i know filthy has spoke with about shipping mine with his and i that my friend will work out perfect. I will have my old one off this weekend. Thanks alot rmaxx.

Away from home using tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
How much, and are there any draw backs to this setup? I remember reading a thread about people not being able to get something to seal properly and leaking. Is that an issue with manual 4x4?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
How much, and are there any draw backs to this setup? I remember reading a thread about people not being able to get something to seal properly and leaking. Is that an issue with manual 4x4?
That is what this thread was started for by rmax....to let the current users of HIS manual 4x4 setup know that he has redesigned the backing plate of the actuator housing and that the leaking problem should now be gone, and he's now sending the updated part to everybody that currently has this. Customer service at its best!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yup, can't beat his customer service......I know **** well Kawi doesn't send me the upgrades they make to their parts for free......wouldn't that be something, a dealer actual concerned with customer satisfaction instead of just the sale :33:

·
Registered
24 Posts
How much is this? I dont have any problems yet nut the less electronics the better

·
Registered
117 Posts
You'll have to get up with Ricky (rmax) on here....he'll get you set up.

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
heres a look at the back plate ,they will come square you will need to trim them to your block as no 2 blocks are quite the same, should not be a big deal,i will be sending the new pins an slider blocks as well

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just letting you guys know the parts are on there way , watch your mail box, an let me know if anything has happened to the package , really do not trust the USPS

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Will do, thank you sir!

·
Registered
498 Posts
thanks hopefully they make it here before our ride this weekend that would be sweet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man i need one of those rmax, I'm not allowed to send you a PM for some reason, can you email me at [email protected] or just let me know on here about the price and shipping for this manual 4wd setup. I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
^ you can't pm yet because you haven't made enough posts. The forum has a feature to help weed out spammers, as soon as you get a handful of posts your pm's will start working. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Reactions: phreebsd
1 - 20 of 89 Posts