Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
yea i wanna know, whatd you do? polish the slides, cut the springs come one man fill us in?

·
BLOWED UP
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I mentioned this to two poeple on here but they were not impressed,but it was to late I had already done it. They mentioned something about loss of vaccum. I trimmed the wings and drilled holes in them to lighten them up. I figured the lighter the better for throttle responce. I was happy at first because nothing bad happened. but then I moved my E clip from the 4th to the 5th slot and the throttle responce got really good. I have Dyno jet 140 fr 144 rear. I am now going to fab a teflon piece to insert in the slots that the wings ride in to try to increase the vaccum if in fact I did lose some. I marked the slides inside the carb throte to give me a reference on how much to trim and drilled the holes in a honeycomb like pattern. I am not done with this experiment so I will keep you up to date if you would like.

As far as polishing the slides I get what we call micro mesh from here at work and it goes from 1800 grit to 12000 grit so Yeah I would say I polished my slides also.

·
jacked up
229 Posts
thanks for opening up...lol (know it may be hard at times)...
but on a real note hope to hear how the Final outcome will be

21 - 24 of 24 Posts