Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well went down riding in southern ohio the first time with my gf had a blast all day sat. hit some big mudholes sat night and the brute did great snorks worked perfect. then about 2 miles left in the ride we had to climb a hill to get back to my buddys house almost made it but hit a bump and with the gf on the back it rolled. i did not bail i tried to keep it off my gf so i tried to catch it breaking my wrist and getting 10 stitchs in my head from the wintch switch. The gf is fine i took most of the blow. the only thing i did to the brute is bent the handle bars back. i pulled them up but the speedo cracked and the display is screwed. if i buy a used one will it store the used one miles hours. or will my ecu store that. I asked cuz i only have 35 hours on my brute

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
GLAD YOUR ALRIGHT.dont know on the display.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i am going to get a cast on 2marro i have a splint they put on at the ER it sucks typing with one hand lol

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I can't count how many times I've rolled mine. I was lucky and have never gotten seriously hurt, just a few bruises and scrapes and have always been by myself when it happened. I know you're relieved your gf wasn't hurt. hope ya have a speedy recovery and climb right back on that Brute.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i climbed that hill before but not with a passanger. the brute is really bad with another person on the back. I know now that I will never go up a hill will anyone one the back. It did not matter how far forward we leaned it still filped. i think it was the combo of my lift tires that gripped like hell and so much low end torque. my buddies stock priere 700 with his girl on never tipped but watching him go up his tires spun the hole time. My gf still want to ride so that a good thing. just no hills

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
glad your both ok!

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
and yall ask why im scared of hills. Buh. Fat person = top heavy. Top heavy = tumble my *** down the hill
i know all about that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hate to hear about accidents,Just thank GOD nobody was serious hurt......O both my hands work fine i only know how to type with one and yea it sucks

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Glad you're both ok. Could have been really bad!

Not sure on the display either...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yell tell me about it. brutes r front end light to begin with then add another rider. The zillas really grip lol alittle to much.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Found out about "Fat person = top heavy. Top heavy = tumble my *** down the hill" this past weekend as well. Luckily only bent the back rack a little and the wife and myself ended up with a few scrapes and bruises.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
u got lucky i sittin here with ice on my wrist. oh i broke my audiotube to i need a new 90 pbroke it to pieces

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Yes extremely lucky. It could have been alot worse. I have seen first hand on how a brute acts on a steep hill. They are definately very light in the front.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i look like i was in a fight with a ufc fighter lol. They need to make a 2up brute. here in michigan u cant ride 2 people on a reg quad so we went to ohio. I am just going to have to get her her own quad.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
Rapalapaul sorry to hear about the brute and your wrist, luckily your girlfriend is ok and you're no worse things could've been bad.

I did the same thing about a year ago my brute used to be candy thunder blue and this is my second expensive azzed stereo system. I only had my brute a few months already had it lifted, 30" mudlites, wheels, stereo, whole nine yards and did the same thing you did luckily I was by myself and bailed all the damage was to the brute. Cost me a new front rack, the front stay (subframe that goes over the radiator and supports the rack), needed front plastic and both L & R sides (it was cheaper to replace it all in red), back rack, 850.00 stereo system exploded and none of it was salvagable. It made me sick but as I tore into it and and started replacing stuff I felt better and slowly rebuilt it back bigger and badder and got back in the saddle. Just learn a lesson from it and remember it next time.

Good luck and speedy recovery to you and the brute!

Oh by the way Debo brute had a front row seat to my flip he was right behind me at the bottom of the hill. One hell of a show!

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Yep that was an eye opening:eek: moment !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea it hardly hurt my brute busted my display and broke the 90 on the audio tube it flipped back on me then landed right back on its wheels and rolled backwards 200 yards and a bunch of bushs stoped it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts