Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would start a thread to show what I'm building.

Started life as a stock 2012 800 S.

It had the engine rebuilt about 4 months ago with a hot rods pinned and welded crank, high compression pistons, DMC dual exhaust, pcv, tuned by alba racing, running 112 octane race gas.

I have rebuilt the transmission and transfer case. Welded the center drive.
And I am running an HPD rear differential case. I had Jason from hawk engineering do the install of the case itself.

I always seem to forget to take pictures. But I will try to take some of current progress.

My goal is to have everything be reliable while turning 34.5 outlaw tires..... A lofty goal I realize. But I have a pretty good plan I think.

·
Registered
56 Posts
sounds awesome waiting for some pics

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I picked up a nice set of used Highlifter forward high clearance a-arms. And a set of walker Evans 900XP shocks. I moved the brackets outward on the a arms to accommodate the longer shock. Maximum cv angle at full droop is 28 degrees.

·
7,445 Posts
I picked up a nice set of used Highlifter forward high clearance a-arms. And a set of walker Evans 900XP shocks. I moved the brackets outward on the a arms to accommodate the longer shock. Maximum cv angle at full droop is 28 degrees.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

It says I can't post any more pictures. Anyone know how I can fix that?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Ok I purchased a membership. But it still won't let me post more photos.

It's pretty stupid to try to post a build thread if I can't post more then a few photos.
You only have so many attachments it will allow you to upload and store on the server but links to photos are unlimited so you should do what most of the rest of us have done and open a photobucket account, upload your photos there and past the IMG links here. They will display in the post.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am running super ATV rear offset high clearance a-arms. I cut off the upper shock brackets and made my own to move the mounting point up. Maximum CV angle in the rear at full droop is 30 degrees. Since I'm running Rhino axles front and rear I shouldn't have any issues at those angles. According to super ATV I can run 36 degrees max, and 32 sustained with Rhino axles. So I should be well in the safe zone.

Here is some pics. I still have a lot of work to do on the rear bracket.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Made a tow hook for the front.

This is before welding,

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Got the tires yesterday.

Little comparison shot,

Got them mounted up last night at my buddies shop,

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hells yeah, coming along nicely. Nice job on the 1k diff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the front diff bracket welded up and painted today.

Rackzilla steering rack,

Installed the front a-arms, along with new ball joints and super dave's bushings. I also greased up the heims on the end of the shocks and installed them.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
can't wait to see it finished!

Posted via TapaTalk for iPhone5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. It's been a fun project so far.

I'm waiting for the gear lift hubs to show up now. Once they get here its just a matter of assembling everything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finished up the rear shock bracket yesterday and painted it. So I installed that tonight.

Probably wont be much more progress for several days. The gear lift hubs shipped out Friday, so they won't be here until Wednesday or Thursday I'm guessing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a little update. I got the UTV solutions gear lift hubs. I took some pictures of them on the bench. Beer can is for size reference.

And the new high capacity radiator showed up,

Got a bunch of work to do now!!

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Freakin awesome.

Posted via TapaTalk for iPhone5

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looking good. I cant wait to see the final product.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Made a bunch of progress today. I don't have pictures of everything I have done. I started on this project about 6 months ago. But a while back I chopped the cage 4" and had it powder coated. I ordered a SSV stereo and rear speaker add on. I also had my brother in law who runs a body shop paint and clear coat all the plastic white. I picked up a set of front 900 XP flares. I bought a tusk canvas top and a rear screen. I also bought a 4' red LED whipzilla whip. I have modified the bed and rear bumper to make changing spark plugs easier, and make mud removal when washing a snap. I bought 2 14" axle straps to keep hooked to my front and rear shackles so they will always be up out of the mud and easy to access when I do get stuck. I made my own snorkel setup. I ran 2.5" PVC directly from the throttle body up to a K&N filter with a waterproof outerwears wrap. I ran 2" CPVC for the belt intake an exhaust, and put waterproof outerwear wraps on them also. For the fuel tank vent I ran the vent line through a filter, then into the belt exhaust. The crankcase vent line goes over to the engine intake. And the trans, transfer case, ear end, and front diff all were routed high on the frame, with Can-Am style bellows on the ends. The power commander was mounted inside a waterproof pelican case that is mounted on the front side of the bed between the seats. I also used dielectic grease on all the connections as I reassembled everything. I also used never seize, or grease on literally everything I could so nothing will get corroded or stuck together making future repair work easy.

Anyway, on to the progress pics,

1 - 20 of 40 Posts