Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I know I have asked this question befor but I just want to make sure. I have looked but not been able to find a how to on snorkels for an RZR. I plan on snorkeling mine in the next few days. Its dirt cheap and to me alot easier than it was on my brute. That being said when I do maybe it wont make me a liar.....I plan to take pictures and do step by step instructions but I don't want to waste my time if its already on here and I can't find it. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I've not seen one on this site but when I put snorkels on my wifes rzr-s I got information off another site. There really easy to do. The other sites how to wasn't that good so if ur up to I say do a good write up and continue makin this the best forum out there!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's the plan. I know I can find the plans elsewhere but screw the other sites. I am a member of alot of different forums and I can honestly say this is the best one. Probly gonna start friday night so by Sunday afternoon I should have it posted.

·
Administrator
15,539 Posts
sweet! :rockn: as far as I know we only have one for the Ranger that Brute650I posted...

So a RZR would will be welcomed! I was going to do one myself in about 5 years when I can afford to buy one.. haha.. by then it will probably be the RZR 1100 XP EPS haha...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Dont say I never gave you anything LOL,

http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-how/3511-home-made-snorkels-incl-parts-list.html

I used this and aside from having the wrong elbows at first, it went pretty easy once I learned there is a regular elbow and a "street"elbow. If I did it again, I would buy a kit simply because I like the risers on the kits you can buy better than the regular plumbing I used. I dont know where to buy these ones the snorkel company's use....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I found it there to. I think I can improve on the design. Plus I want to do one for this site. I can't justify buying a kit for 200$ when I can do it for less than 60$ and it be just as effective. Thanks for the info though I do appreciate it.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rides.....the RZR is what im snorkeling. Robby gordon rzr4 2011 & 2012 ranger diesel crew.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. I got he snorkels finished. Took 4 hours from start to finish. The how to that I found on rzrforums is not a 2011. Nothing was in the same place and you don't have near as much room to work. It is a b***h to do. But the parts list is correct. You will end up having one 45deg fitting left. I bought 3 pee traps and used the 180deg fitting to hook them over the rear of the cage. Ill take some pics when its day light.

·
Administrator
15,539 Posts
sweet... if butterbean wasnt so far away I'd have come help ya! lol

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Waiting to see these pics....I need to do mine now!!! And those instructions on reforms.net suck balls man.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
**** right. Go ahead and follow the parts list on rzrforums. The link is in one of the comments above. By three pee traps to go with it and 10 ft of pipe. There are a few different ways you can do it. You need to get the bed off and see what you are working with. Ill post some pics later this eve. Your main concern is getting the pipes to come up in the in the same place the stock intake did. That's the only place you have room to come up through the bed.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Thx bro...appreciate it!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
The neighbor has a snorkeled Razor. I will go take some photo's of his and post here once I get home. I've seen several at the camp and it seems there are plenty of idea's out there for RZR snorkels.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is very tue. I was going to do a full how to but you have so many small tweaks under the bed on a 11' rzr4 that it kinda however you can get it to work. There just isn't a whole lot room. Most of all that's under the bed is fittings goin 10 different directions!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As you can see just in this small space the first thing is a bunch of fittings. This is the belt house intake and exhaust. You will use the existing sleeve on the exhaust and slide a 2" rubble fitting over the housing on the intake. Form there you can use your discretion to get the pipes back on the engine side of the brace that the front of the bed bolts to in the cab. Just remember to bring them up in the center of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
CVT INTAKE

Hey country.

How did you connect to the cvt intake. the factory rubber pipe seems to be attached underneaith the actual intake housingon the rear of the cvt box. Did youjust attached to the factory housing or completely take it off and attached the abs pipe onto the housing. it apears to be attached underneaith some how?

·
Resident Kitty Expert
791 Posts
just slide a street elbow in the existing factory intake.... at least that's what I did.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

seems this thread needs updating... P ill try to get some pics posted up when I can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts