Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the site, Im normally drag racing bikes but have recently started playing off the pavement as well.I have seen several people talking about a red secondary or yellow secondary in the description of thier rides. What is that ? I guess my ride isnt as extreme as most on here.

Attachments

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a EPI clutch kit, it talk about red secondary springs as well. I guess I need to read before posting threads and sounding like a complete retard huh? thanks again guys for setting me straight.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
If your running the tires that you have in that picture above ,the red secondary will be too aggressive IMO.

What tires are on it now?

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the same ones in that picture, 28 x11 i think, in know the 28 is right lol . It runs great imo . Just not real sure what all i have going so far, I just bought as it is with 20 miles on it and im not real sure about all the add ons it has.the previous owner gave me all the literature on the items he installed and im just now going thru it.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Do you have a EPI kit to install ? If so what color springs are with the kit?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Those 28's are short too. I would probably say almond secondary would do you well. I had 28 589's and a green secondary. I found the green to be a bit much.

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not sure what anybody is talking about . to aggressive.

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stall speed is nice and it launches hard out of the hole. still runs 70 mph to .

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what do i have to gain with a spring with less/more tension .

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and the epi kit was already installed when i bought it by ssATV

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
If the secondary is stiffer it will basically lower the gear ratio. Top speed will drop and belt grip at low speeds will increase. If it is a lighter spring the gear ratio will be tall, but if you have over sized tires the lack of belt grip could cause you to smoke a belt.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
70mph on 28's? w/ an EPI kit? are you sure about that? :thinking:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
If the kit has already been installed and your not having troubles i would not worry about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts