Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:1zhelp: I got my almond secondary spring in today, so I took the belt cover off. Got my primary off, then I tried to get my secondary nut off and it wont budge. First I tried my 2ft beaker bar no luck. So I crank up the air compressure, nothing! I dont understand, the primary nut came off easy. I know Im turning this the right way. Im not sure what to do. any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
yeah give it h3ll with a good impact that is what i do ;)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It's a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt want to break anything, I'll try again tomorrow, thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i had no problem with a 950 ft/lb impact.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
The first time is a little tougher....

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
Standard thread (lefty loosey righty tighty).Got mine apart with 500ft/lb impact no problem.Maybe a little BP blaster will help you out,that stuff is awsome. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yep its standard thread. Opposite of the primary bolt. Not sure why yours is so tight? I've taken a few off different brutes and used a 250lb Impact wrench. It popped off easily every time.It should only be torqued at 69ftlb from the factory.

Maybe try spraying some penetrating oil on it and letting it set over night.If all else fails you could use a little heat to help loosen it up but i don't recommend it. That would be my last resort.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Yep its standard thread. Opposite of the primary bolt. Not sure why yours is so tight? I've taken a few off different brutes and used a 250lb Impact wrench. It popped off easily every time.It should only be torqued at 69ftlb from the factory.

Maybe try spraying some penetrating oil on it and letting it set over night.If all else fails you could use a little heat to help loosen it up but i don't recommend it. That would be my last resort.
also can give the nut a few good taps with a hammer

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I was able to get mine off with a regular 1/2 drive ratchet.... ya'll are all PANSIES I tell you! PANSIES!!! :D haha... j/k

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
hahaha seems like mine was easier then my buddies but both came off fairly easy just dont be too careful or there is alot of stuff on this brute you wont be changing lol but dont force it either lol but for the secondary you wont hurt nothing impact that thing

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
remember, only the primary is reverse thread.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know what way to turn the nut. It is stamped on the secondary what way to loosen it. Im about to go out and try again!

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I know what way to turn the nut. It is stamped on the secondary what way to loosen it. Im about to go out and try again!
gee's they dont give a guy any credit do they ranchermoe...... It's ok brother... Put some arse into that thing and she'll losen up!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
so did it work

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Mine wasnt tight at all the first time i got mine off with a crescent wrench the first time cause i cant ever find tool,s when i need them.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Mine wasnt tight at all the first time i got mine off with a crescent wrench the first time cause i cant ever find tool,s when i need them.
Thats what I'm here for brother... ;) :rockn:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it off! just had to put alittle weight on it. When it broke loose I thought I snapped it. It popped. Thanks for the help:rockn:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts