Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not real familiar with the cvt setup
On the brute force. But it looks like my primary clutch sheaves are done.
Looks like po tryed to bang it off before? Has marks on only one side.had a supposedly new belt when i got it which lasted about 7 hrs. And broke. Bought a new belt the next morning and noticed how rough the clutch looked when installing new belt.but camping thru it on so weekend wouldn't be wasted. About 6hrs spitting chunks out the snorkel.
Shoes on the spider need changing. Bushings ect.

Secondary also has a grove in it like a hit mark.

·
Administrator
15,421 Posts
definitely what's chewing up the belt. You might could rework them if the gouges aren't too deep.
We had a thread somewhere from a guy who sanded and polished his that had some nicks but, they were just nicks...

Reactions: Slydog

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the red springs. On both clutches And weights good for 30 silver backs? I'm green on this.
I'm either going to change the sheaves or bend over:cry: and buy a new primary clutch. It has to be dependable.

·
Administrator
15,421 Posts
depends on who's springs they are... EPI Red Secondary is just right for 30' silver backs.

Again, if it's an EPI spring, a red primary is going to have a lot of stall... which is hard on belts. If it were me I'd back down a couple of springs.

Reactions: Slydog

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'll do that in the morning.
Im sure it's going to fail miserably from the looks of it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Belt seemed like it was running really hot. Exhaust for the belt out of snorkel was pretty warm. Slipping?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stationery sheave seems to be worn more. Guess the person i got it from kept throwing new belts on?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah . just ordered a new clutch 😢 . Was going to buy new sheaves and everything else for a total rebuild but it just didn't make sense for the $ difference. Ordered a oem belt . the epi belt is supposedly out of stock till next month

·
7,433 Posts
OEM belt is better anyway. The 2009 Teryx belt is the best you can get. I see it has the RED secondary spring. If it also has a RED primary spring, the stall will be so high it adds 10-times the wear on the sheave during engagement if not 100% punched every time. You would benefit by going down to a maroon or pink primary...and if those are the 54 gram EPI flyweights, you also would help the belt last by going back to the 58 gram weights. At least 56 gram.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If heard mention on here about the teryx belt will it work on a 13 brute.
And it has to be the 2009 teryx belt only?
It does have the red primary spring also. And the 54 weights. I was going to rebush them. And install them and spring in new clutch. But after what you mentioned?
Thinks it's better to get a marone spring and leave the stock weights.?

It's a mud machine 90% of the time

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does vforcejohn. Have spring and weight kits?
I would realy like to get this dialed in where it performs good and is also reliable.
It is pretty fun to ride with setup it has now till it eats the belt

·
7,433 Posts
Does vforcejohn. Have spring and weight kits?
I would realy like to get this dialed in where it performs good and is also reliable.
It is pretty fun to ride with setup it has now till it eats the belt
Yes. They will be performance springs. Just tell him what you want it to do and he will get you the springs and weights needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts