Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK after reading how to snoke my brute force on this site. (which has a ton off cool stuff) Iam up in the air if i should snoke my brute. I trail ride and do alittle mudin not to much. I hear that brutes can eazly get water in them. I just got my brute close jettin wise and Iam taking it to HMF in 2 weeks to get dyno tuned. Should I snork it before I take it in?? I do alot of road riding to what r the down sides of sorkeling it??

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
there's not many downsides except jetting issues but since you are taking it to get tuned anyway that wont be a problem.

If you do it like this, you'll be good to go

Snorkeling will prevent the engine from sucking up steam when you hit water. Also it will protect from splashes that may otherwise make it into the stock intake system.
Not to mention, you can take her deep which is quite fun :)

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Even by hitting a puddle fast you can get water in the engine. It's cheap insurance.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
The safest and cheapest bet is to snorkel it. Man these brutes DO NOT like water in the engine. All the help you need is right here on the site. Plus most of use are eager to help if you have a question

Another option is the mud lid from EHS racing but its pricey and only takes care of the air intake. Your trany will still have the stock location unless you run them up under the pod.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Good idea Metal Man you may just want to get the lid...just didn't think of that option. Either way you need to do one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well iam going riding in southern ohio next week. Iam thinking of doing it after I get back and before I take it to HMF 4 a dyno tune. The new snork on this site is the way to go right?? The one thats on the silver bike. Do u have to cap them when ur hauling ur quad??

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
if ur quad is carbed, yes. plug the air intake when hauling, if its efi no.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I been reading some of the comments on the mimb page under snorkel pics. Some of the guys said with the 90 off the air box they did not have to rejet. I just fought 4 a week to get mine running good. Its going to get the dyno tune on the 23rd byt I want to ride it next week. Its got a full hmf uni filter and moose module on it do i need to rejet?

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
most likely, you will. you could just get the 3" rubber 90* and run it under neath like in the pictures, dont cut ur shroud and dont glue anything, just, put it on tehre and run it and see how it runs, if it runs fine finish the job, if it doesnt, then you know you will need to adjust your jets, and you can take it off, put your slash guard back on, and ur center shroud back on and you havent hurt anything yet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys this page is a big help. I just spent a week gettin it tuned to ride only rode it 2 hours so I really want to ride some more before I have to work on it again. I have 155/165 jets in mine now and had to turn the air screws out almost 4 turns to keep it from backfiring. with snorks i am I going to run richer or leaner?

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
in general, snorks usually restrict airflow a little. You COULD try and go with all 2.5" all the way out, and see if it pulls in enough air to not have to rejet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what do u guys think about the ninja snorks found a thread on HL. Can u just hook the flex hose to the end of the pvc so u have pvc almost all the way up then flex hose so u dont have to cut ur plastic

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
u can run flex the whole way. I dont like everything running into the pod like that.
seems restrictive plus u have hot belt exhaust being sucked in by both intakes (belt and engine)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys I think i might go with the snorks the 3" with the 90 looks like the way to go. I see some guys r using black pvc and some white is there a differance? I seen a site that sells a kit on ebay mud industries or something they brag about how they use top of the line pipe?? U guys getting all ur stuff at home depto

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
there pipe aint nothing different that whats at lowes/home depot. dont be fooled by ANY company that sells snorkel kits. they are a waste of money. they are basically charging you $200+ to cut the pipe for you, thats it. you still have to install and glue it. which you still have to go to the store for (glue).

you can buy white pipe and paint it or spray bed liner on it (aerasol can) or buy ABS pipe which is already black but costs a little more than white PVC.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea I thought the kits were alittle high. I think i might go with the black abs pipe just less work I dont have to paint and worry about it comming off. I talked with HMF and they said it might hurt performance just a little making the motor suck harder 4 air. They told me no problem dyno tuning it should take 2-3 hours at $55 a hour I did not think that was 2 bad. Well I might be going to the hardware this weekend

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
You cant really even see the color of the pipe except on the stacks. Maybe if you look close around radiator you can see part of the belt intake.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I made the mistake of not snorkeling my brute last year before Mud Nats and man that was a mistake. I didn't drown it out or anything but everytime we had to go thru water, which was a never ending theme that year, my butthole puckered up. I had made like 2 payments on the thing and all I could think of was how much it was going to cost me to fix if I dunk the thing.

Won't be making that mistake this year!

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I did the same thing sjf323. When i first got my brute i took it straight to a deep water hole and almost sunk it!! Scared the crap out of me and i was running the snorkels the next weekend. Been good to go ever since.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts